Chapter 1

"Must I?" You ask, turning to face your maid, Jannette. She nodded her head, her long, braided brown locks of hair bouncing with her. You take in a deep breath, letting it out as a sigh. "Miss, you know you have to find someone to get betrothed with." Jannette replied, letting your hair fall down your back in waves. "As much as I know, you have to. Queen's orders." She mutters, straightening the glowing red pin in your hair. "Since when did the Queen decide that she was taking part in this?" You ask, getting a little frustrated. "I'm not sure, Miss, but your butler will be up here shortly to escort you out to the carriage." Jannette says, striding to the door, her dress rustling against the floor. She opens the door and a rush of cold air flies threw. You shiver lightly, watching as she left. Once the door was shut, you let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. Standing up, you flatten out the grey, knee length dress that was accompanied by white ballet shoes, and black leggings.

You watched as the ruffles of the black lining along the dress bounced back up once you ran your hand over it. A knock errupted from your door. "It's open." You say, pulling your hand up to pull your navy glove over your hand. The door creaked open, revealing unnatural icy blue eyes. "My Lady, the carriage is ready." The male says. "Thank you, James." You say, faking a smile and taking the arm that was held out by the tall black haired male. He nodded and pulled out his book, looking over it and stopping on a page. "We're late." He sighs and puts it away. He escorts you down the hall and down the wide stairs.

After climbing into the carriage, you waved good-bye to your maids and butler. The door closed and you were left to your own thoughts as the horses dragged the carriage along. "Will I really find anyone?" You ask yourself, twirling a strand of your hair between your fingers.

After a while, your carriage came to a hault, jerking you forward. You clutched the cushion of the seat, stopping yourself from falling into the floor. The door opened, revealing a tall butler with red eyes and amazing black hair. "Welcome, Miss (Name)." He says, bowing and reaching a hand out. "I am Sebastian Michealis, the butler of the Estate. I do hope you enjoy your stay here." He said, looking up at you. "What do you mean, 'stay'?" You ask, gripping his hand lightly. "Ah, you must've not have been told. You are staying with us for a month, I hope you are not angered by the confusion." He replies, helping you out of the carriage. "Oh, not at all, Mister Michealis." You say, trying your best to hide your fuming rage. He gave you a concerned look and nodded, leading you in. You cringed at the loud conversations of words you couldn't make out. You shifted your hair to the left, so it would cover your left eye. You were always scared of what it would do. Sometimes it would glow, sometimes it would change colours, and maybe it would even start bleeding. You couldn't help it.

As Sebastian was walking you around the manor, you noticed a male with navy blue hair, a blue eye, an eyepatch, and a dark blue attire. He seemed to have taken interest in you. You shrugged it off, you didn't even know the boy. He crossed his arms over his chest and watched you, though you never looked his way.

"Sebastian," You began. "I'm going to stand outside for a bit, it's getting quite crowded." You say, bowing in apology and scurrying off outside into the gardens. The sight was breath taking. You placed your hand over your heart, sensing another presence. "Who are you?" You ask, not turning to face the male. You already knew it was that boy from before. "Ciel Phantomhive, I am the Earl of the Estate." He says. His voice was like a trance, it's hard to not pay attention. "What do you want then? From me." You say, turning on your heel to face him. "I'm not sure what it is, but I have taken a big interest in you." He says, walking closer to you, his shoes clicking on the cobble stone path. "You don't know me." You mutter, making sure that he couldn't see your left eye. "Ah, but the thing is, I want to know you, that's why I accepted you to stay here." He said, lifting his hand to move your hair out of your face. You quickly pushed his hand away, your eyes wide. You turned and ran.

It wasnt going to happen again. This damned curse... It's all bad luck! He'll be like the last guy. Running and trembling in fear. What are you? I don't know anymore. Your thoughts clouded your vision as you ran through a maze, not paying attention to where you were going. You soon ran into a dead end. You looked around in panic, knowing that he was following. He soon came into your view, alarming you. You tried to dash by him, but he grabbed your wrist and pushed you up against the stone wall. "What are you running for?" He asks, reaching up to move your hair again. You shut your eyes as he pushed your hair aside. "Open your eyes." He says, holding your hand. You shake your head, beginning to squirm. He held you by your shoulders. You stopped squirming, opening your right eye first, then your left. You found that your eye was glowing a bright orange and closed it again. "Open your eyes." He demands. You open them once again, looking up at him. He smiled softly. "Beautiful." He murmurs. "You don't know what I'm capable of." You whisper, tears threatening to fall. "I don't care." He says, tilting your head up and leaning in. "Young Master, the Scotalnd Yard wishes to speak with you." A familiar voice calls. Ciel pulls away, clearly irritated. "Fine. Until we meet again, Miss (Name)." He says, bringing your hand up to kiss it before walking off with his butler. You stood there, speechless and shaking lightly.

Until we meet again...