Habit 2- Story matters more then the romance

This is why I believe my stories did really well, because I didn't focus on the ship as much as I did on the story. The story matters, it helps the reader engage with the characters more. Have well written characters, and allow the reader to grow attached to them.

In Madoka Magica, people grew attached to Mami and Sayaka, because they saw most of their personality and began to root for them, but once they died it made people actually feel their heart shatter. With Sayaka, we grew attached to her, and slowly watched her break herself, desperately hoping for her to get better but soon Sayaka dies in the most painful way possible.

And! If you want a sympathetic villain, here are two good examples;
Homura Akemi
Darth Vader

With Homura we see her at her beginnings, growing attached to Madoka, but after Madoka's death she decided to spend her entire life trying to protect Madoka, but we slowly see her become insane, she loses Madoka forever, and at the chance she gets when she can get Madoka back she selfishly rips Madoka from her godhood, becoming evil, and fucking OWNING IT!

I think you know how Darth Vader went.

But those two examples don't have the villains acting out like toddlers, they own their actions, and make them lovable.

Back on topic, if you plan a story that goes with the characters and their ship, things can go really well! And there's less of a chance at writing block. That ends my thesis statement, don't wing it, plan ahead, and don't focus on the ship unless the story specifically revolves around the ship, like My Perfectly Painted Life, I know I mention it a lot but it's a masterpiece. It had a fantastic story, along with having the story begin because of the ship (After Ink broke up with Dream he got pregnant with Error's baby.)

That's about it! Hope you find this helpful

Writing Tips, Tricks, And Habits जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें