Prologue

Nashwa turned on her chair twisting back to see her older sister Arasha coming out of the room in distraught. 

"Khala Feroza, please get more water to Aummi," she said as she sat in the chair in front of Nashwa. 

"Arasha darling, what happened to her? Why did she faint all of the sudden?" Nashwa heard her Khala say.

"I don't know either, when I saw the telephone, she was talking to Ustad..... maybe it's something to do with my engagement?"

Nashwa didn't understand what they were saying, didn't understand why they were so worried.

"Call Ustad, ask him what was it that he said that this happened?"

She went to telephone on the small glass table. She started to turn the Telephone wheel and put dialed number and then waited. "Assalamualiakum, Ustad? I was calling to ask you what you said to-"

"Ustad? Is this what you said to her," in moments Arasha had tears streaming down her brown face. She waited, "Ustad I beg you don't do this to me- Ustad!!" She fell to the ground and began to cry.

"Ari, what happened? What did he say!"

"He wants someone younger, it's in fashion to marry a 14-15! And he asked me for her Nashwa!"

"Impossible! Nashwa is only 10."

"10! You guys are caring about how old Nashwa is, so iif she was older you guys would be ocnsidering getting her married off to Ustad! If only my mother married me off when I was young, if only she didn't use me as a person to get money for the family!?"

"Ari- Darling you are getting to emotional, we will get you someone to marry!"

"Did you hear what mother says? Ustad's rishta came after her begging in streets, now what gonna happen, why... why?!"