Decisions To Make

Start from the beginning

"Damon," Stefan yells when he walks out. I rush out in front of the Originals and join Stefan. What I see surprises me. I see Damon brushing off his suit and Kol's body on the ground. From the angle of Kol's neck, I guess that Damon snapped it. Out of instinct, I start to run towards Kol, but immediately stop myself. "Are you crazy," Stefan asks him.

"Maybe," Damon answers, "far be it for me to cause a problem." I notice that he was glaring at Elena as he said that. He turns and walks away from the house.

"Damon," I shout. He continues walking, refusing to look at me. I turn to Elena, "what did you do?"

"I said something I didn't mean," Elena says her face pale.

"I think it's time for you two to leave," Klaus says to Elena and Stefan.

"Let us help you with Kol," Stefan says.

"Just go," I snap, "both of you. I'll deal with Damon when I'm done here." Stefan and Elena sigh and they both walk away, towards the cars. When they're gone, Finn walks over to his brother and picks him up off of the ground. When we walk in the house, I'm surprised to find that most of the guests have left. Finn takes Kol to his room as Elijah and I walk up to Esther's study. When we get there, she's already waiting for us.

"No violence, that was all I asked," Esther says, "Kol disgraced our family tonight!"

"It won't happen again, Mother. I'll deal with him," Elijah answers.

Esther sighs and smiles, "thank you Elijah. I wish the others were more like you." Elijah smiles lightly and walks out of the study. I close the doors behind him and look to Esther.

"Can we still talk freely," I ask her.

"Yes, the sage still burns," Esther says, "did you want something?"

"Aren't you going to put the spell on me," I ask, "for your powers?"

She sighs, "I was going to wait until you were ready."

"I am ready," I say, "besides, the spell is just to make sure you can achieve your goal." She nods and stands up. She walks over to me and raises her hands. She chants in Latin, the candles flickering as she does. I feel dizzy as she chants, but soon it's over.

"It's done," Esther says, "if I die, my powers go to you."

I nod, "but you won't die."

She smiles, "you underestimate my children."

I scuff and sigh, "I'm returning to the Salvatores. I do apologize for Damon's behavior."

"I already know what happened," Esther says, "consider it forgiven."

I smile and turn towards the door, "good night."

"Good night," she says before I walk out of the study. I walk down the stairs and open the front door.

"Leaving before Kol wakes," someone says behind me, "that's unlike you." I turn and see Rebekah walking towards me.

I smile, "I have to go deal with Damon."

She scuffs, "good luck with that." I smile lightly and she notices. "Something wrong," she asks.

I sigh, "It's just something Stefan said. He told me that Damon doesn't love me as much as he used to."

"Who else would he love," Rebekah asks.

"Elena," I say quietly.

Rebekah sighs and shakes her head, "I swear that doppelganger is only useful because of her blood. She's a bloody attention freak!"