Chapter 15: Decision

300 reads! <3

~Varian POV~

"Varian?" Cass looked at the boy, very confused. Varian stepped out in front of Cassandra, his hands in fists. He looked so different to Cassandra. He was much skinner, and without his apron and gloves, it just, didn't look the same.

"You heard me Cassie. Stop it." Cassandra flinched at the name, Cassie. She hadn't been called that since, before Varians betrayal. But as she thought about it, that gave her an idea.

At this point, Via slowly started to get up. She was still clutching onto her chest, but still mustered the strength to stand. When Via saw what was happening, she immediately yelled "Varian!" Varian looked over to his right to see Via, clutching onto her chest, where there seemed to be almost a black whole near it.

For a moment, Cassandra stood still, not even speaking. When suddenly, her eyes lit up, turning almost purely white. Rocks started to pop up and shrink down, just as they had when Rapunzel used the rocks to defeat Varian. Then out of nowhere, Cassandra finally said, "You know, Varian? You've given me an idea." The rocks continued to pop out and shrink, glowing shades of blue to white, slowly coming closer and closer.

Varian didn't know what do to. He trusted Via when she said that he was connected, but how? How does he unleash that power? Rapunzel stared at Varian, not knowing what to think.

Until finally, Via shouted with everything she had left.

"SING THE SONG VARIAN!"

For a single moment, Varian was confused. "What? The song didn't..." but he didn't even finish his thought. As he knew exactly what Via was talking about.

Varian stood up strong, staring directly at Cassandra. Then, he began to sing. "Wither And decay, end this destiny. Break these earthly chains, and set the spirt free." And suddenly, the rocks started to change faster. Varian could feel a jolt of power running through him, an energy he had never felt before.  His hair started to turn white, flowing like Rapunzels had whenever she sang her song. "Yes!" Via smiled, falling onto her knees still clutching her chest.

"Varian?" Rapunzel looked on, still holding onto Eugene. But just like that, as those words came out of her mouth, her hair started to glow too. It started to fly up, breaking the beads that held it together. "Uh Blondie what are you doing?" Eugene asked, watching the hair fly up. "I- I don't know!"

The white in Cassandra's eyes started to fade, as she finally saw what was really going on. The rocks had changed sides. They were now controlled by Varian. Cassandra desperately tried to regain control, pulling her hands up in trying to stop it. But nothing she could do worked. Suddenly, a new idea popped into her mind. One inspired by the one before.

"Varian. How would you like to join me." Varian slowed down, the rocks too, as his hair started to return to black. Rapunzels hair fell down, but it still glowed as she stared at Varian. "What?" Both Via And Rapunzel yelled.

"Think about Varian, they have betrayed you. All of them. They left you in their time of need. This is your chance to get revenge. On her." She grinned, pointing at Rapunzel. "If you really think about it Varian, we would be unstoppable. We are both connected to the moonstone, why not use it to exact the revenge we both want.

"VARIAN! DONT DO THIS! SHE IS TRYING TO trick you..." Vias voice started to fade, as the pain increased.

Varian stood there, completely silent.

Did they both want revenge? Or at this point, was it just Cassandra? He looked back on Rapunzel, a desperate look in her eyes.

And then it happened.