Chapter 9: Answers

Just letting you guys know it's back in kind of a third person story. <3

~Vias POV~

"Varian, what happened?" Via asked him, as he stumbled, running his head. "Oh uh, nothing. I'm fine." Via gave Varian a concerning look. "Varian, your not fine, tell me what just happened." She looked directly into his eyes. "Okay, what happened was I was thinking about you, then I almost went back in time, to when..." He trailed off. "To when what?" She shook him a bit. "To when you and mom died..." Vias face of concern turned into feeling sorry for him.

"Oh Varian, it's fine. I'm still alive." "But how are you alive? How did you survive the blast?" Varian pushed her away a bit. "Varian, she started, readjusting herself on the boat. I wasn't hit by the actual blast. I just got pushed back by it." Varian looked up a bit, then asked "Then why could we never find you?" Via pulled Varians chin closer, looking directly at each other. "Because before you found me, I was found by someone else..." Varian looked displeased but okay with the answer.

"And I can ask you the same thing!" Via sorta smiled, pushing Varian back too. "Like, when did you think it was okay to attack the Royal family with giant robots?" She sorta giggled. "Well I um, yeah, I guess things got out of hand, pretty, pretty fast..." Varian shrugged a bit, turning away from Via. "Oh yeah, and what was that all about in the throne room?" She said, pushing one oar of the boat to the side. "I'm sorry, it was my, only idea, way to escape." "Well now we're both on the run, and something tells me even if we do figure out how to activate your powers, they still won't take our help." Via frowned again, pushing herself closer to Varian. "I know you have some of the Moon Opals power in you. We just need to figure out how to get it to work." Varian smiled, nodding his head.

~Rapunzels POV~

"We need a new plan. We can't defeat her with strength." Rapunzel was pacing in a circle in the middle of her room, Eugene was leaning against her bed, and Adira was sitting criss crossed, brandishing her new sword. "Yeah well, we've got nothing else to attack her with." Adira said, not looking up from her blade. "Well what do you suggest Adira? I mean Cass has practically endless power now and for whatever reason clearly has something big against me!" Rapunzel ranted, still pacing. "I'm surprised she isn't already at the castle at this point." Eugene sarcastically said, rolling his eyes. "Listen here, I agree with that girl. What's her name? Mia?" Rapunzel turned towards Adira. "You mean Via?" "Yeah, I think she's right. You need to fight fire with fire. You need someone already connected to the moonstone." Adira finally looking up from her sword. "But who? No one we know is directly connected with the moonstone other than me! And clearly I can't change it's power so..." "Varian. It's Varian we need." The room went silent. "Adira what do you mean we need Varian? He's not con-." "He is connected to it. Adira interrupted. I wasn't sure at first, as when I saw him as a baby, he didn't seem to hold any ability to it. When I heard about that girl in the throne room, I knew it must be true." They both looked at Adira eyes wide, unsure. "What are you talking about?" Rapunzel asked, confused. Adira sighed, standing up.

"This was many years ago. When King Edmond first discovered the stone." Rapunzel stepped forward, curious to know more. "Both Varian and Via were there, along with Quirin and Hector. Edmond tried to touch it, but as he did, a blast occurred. It knocked back everyone, and hit Varian specifically." Eugene and Rapunzel were in shock, mouths open. "Wait, so you've already met Via before?" Adira gave a tiny nod. "I didn't know whether this Via and that Via were the same. But now I do." "So, so Varian is connected to the moonstone then?" "I guess we are gonna find out." "But how are we even going to find them? As a guy whose been on the run before, having an entire kingdom wanting to lock you up you'd probably want to get as far away from the kingdom as possible." Eugene said in a sarcastic braggy tone. "Hes right, Rapunzel. We know that Vias in the dungeon, but what about Varian? He's probably long gone." Adira questioned. "I guess the best place to start would be, asking Via."

Sorry for the perspective change again! Thanks for reading! <3