chapter four ─ "She's drunk"

Start from the beginning

She smiled, "Please you're just saying that 'cause I'm your favorite client."

"Please, I barely even considered you as actually person." She laugh and smiled widely before hanging up.

She started at her phone for a moment as someone walked into her. She looked up to see the sleeve of a plaid hoodie. "Sorry," She muttered looking down noticed a piece of paper on the floor. She than quickly grabbed it and turned as the man quickly walked away from her. "Hey! You dropped this!" She called showering the paper noticing her name on it. "Huh?"

🌇

All the Hargreeves siblings were in a room. Watching a tape of their mother 'poisoning' their father's tea. "I mean, do you really think Mom would hurt Dad?" Vanya asked her eyes not leaving the tape.

Luna was leaning against the back wall drinking her whatever alcohol she found. "You haven't been home in a long time, Vanya." Luther replied. "Maybe you don't know Grace anymore."

"Well either way I say good riddance." She said expressionless staring at her glass cup. "I mean even if Mom did do it she did us a favor. The devil knows that he was the lightly definition of a living hell." She added finally looking up. "Even if he was poisoned, it would have shown up in the coroner's report." She explained emotion less.

"Well, I don't need a report to tell me what I can see with my own eyes."

"Maybe all that low gravity in space messed with your vision." Diego responded making Luna giggle.

"Look closer. Dad had his monocle. Mom stands up. Monocle's gone."

"Oh, yeah" Klaus remarked.

"She wasn't poisoning him. She was, taking it to clean it." Diego defended. "Then where is it?" Luther asked making Luna's eyes roll for the thousands time.

"No, I've searched the house , including her things. She doesn't have it."

"That's because I took it from her." Diego said as Luna took a sip. "After the funeral."

"You've has the monocle this whole time? What the hell, Diego?"

"Give it to me." Luther ordered.

"I threw it away."

"You what?"

"Maybe he took it, so you guys don't lose your shit just like you're right now." Luna giggled, "Shit,"

"Diego, you son of a bitch." Luther said as Vanya quickly tried and stoped them from fighting, "Hey. No. Calm down." She said trying to help. "Look, I know Dad wasn't exactly an open book. But I do remember one thing he said. Mom was, well, designed to be a caretaker, but also as a protector."

"What does that mean?"

"She was programmed to intervene if someone's life was in jeopardy." Vanya explained.

"Well, if her hardware is degrading, then, we need to turn her off." Luther suggested. This made Luna turn towards Diego, it didn't matter how wasted she was she knew that this conversation was hurting him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait." He exclaimed. "She's not just a vacuum cleaner you can throw in a closet. She feels things, I've seen it!"

"She just stood there, Diego, and watched our father die."

Luna gave Luther a 'bitch' face. "I'm with Luther." Allison said. "Shooker," Luna muttered.

"Shut up."

"Bite me dear sister," She remarked giving a fake smile to her.

Diego and Luther looked at Vanya, "I-I don't-" Vanya stuttered. "Yeah, she shouldn't get a vote." Diego said as Luna frowned at him. "I was gonna say that, I agreed with you."

"What about you, stoner boy? What do you got?"

"Okay, so, what? You need my help now? Oh, 'get out of the van.'" Klaus said as Luna titled her head a little confused. "What's it going to be, Klaus?"

"I'm with Diego, because screw you! And if Ben were here, he'd agree with me." Klaus said taking a decision.

"L?" Diego said as everyone turned to see her staring at her glass. "Wanna know something I never understood? I can control fire, but this burns going down?" She said slurring her words.

"How much have you had to drink?" Vanya asked. She shrugged, "I don't really care. Couldn't drink for months guess I lost my trolrents," She started sliding her back down the wall til she hit the floor.

"She's drunk,"

"No shit Klaus," Diego said walking over to her and picking her up. "I'm gunna make sure she sleeps this off. In the mean time find Five,"

"Why?" Vanya questioned.

"Because he's a part of this family too, and gets a vote."

🌇

Diego walked into Luna's room. He had her draped over his shoulder. He layed her down on the red sheets and sighed loudly.

"Luther? I could tell that sigh anywhere." She muttered. Diego smiled a little and opened his mouth before he could say anything she put a finger up to his mouth, "Shhhhh-shush."

"I just wanna say that I would've gone with Diego. He is my favorite..." She trailed off laying down and closing her eyes.

Diego shook his head and grabbed the blanket, covering her. Luna mumbled something under her breath grabbing the blanket and getting comfortable.

"She's gunna regret this in the morning."