Well, of course the name choosing happened after I turned because trust me when I say I didn't have the easiest of births. Amy's was straight forward... Mine... Well mine was not. I'll always remember the pain of both the birth and even turning. They weren't kidding when they said it was a painful process especially Amy...

**

It was not a walk in the park. Hell it was worse than a maze at night on Halloween with a clown wandering about with a pickaxe. I've been through a whirlwind of pain in the last two years but nothing can compare to this. Not a thing.

In the blur of my vision I could see Micah's mother walking back and forth to a table with a multitude of tools and towels - each covered in my blood. I blinked to the side and Michael was by my side holding my hand, his face pale his pupil's pinpricks as he stared at me with emotions easily depicted - worry, fear, sadness. I blinked to my other side and there was Celia and Katherine. Celia's lips were moving but I couldn't hear or even begin to concentrate on what she was saying. I was too busy screaming my womb off. Literally.

"Alright, Evie just keep squeezing Michael's hand, I'm going to need you to try to push one more time but if it doesn't work this time we'll have to do an emergency c-section. I'm not seeing any change." The last part I knew wasn't directed at me because Michael turned to Claire.

A sudden sharp wave of pain caused me to shout out. I don't think I've sworn this much in years.

Even Katherine was raising a brow. "She's got a truckers mouth."

"Don't joke right now." Mike snapped. "Especially if you don't know what's going to happen."

While they were arguing in one ear, Claire was telling me to push in the other. With an inward count, I was trying not to pop a blood vessel as I began to push. They call childbirth magical? What kind of drugs were these women doped up on when they decided to call childbirth 'magical'.

"I call bullshit." I gritted out loud. "This isn't magical, women are liars."

Celia popped into my vision with an amused yet apprehensive glare. "You may be right but Evie things aren't looking too good. Claire says the baby is having difficulties and you're losing too much blood."

"Do what you need to do." Mike interjected before I could. "Quickly, please."

And they did. They cut me open like a turkey on Thanksgiving and I barely lasted five minutes. I held on for as long as I could - their shouting for me to keep my eyes open didn't help none - but Michael managed to feed me enough of his blood directly into his veins and as well as an unusual amount swallowed before I died. I didn't think I was going to make it. Michael's panicked eyes and trembling mouth was the last thing I saw before I shut my eyes and succumbed.

I can't begin to describe what it's like to die. The feeling of absolutely nothing, the white haze filling my vision and being stuck in Limbo. Limbo lasted a hell of a lot longer than I expected before the burning swept right from the tips of my toes to my fingertips and scalp. Gosh my scalp! It was literally on fire! I felt like I was underwater; my ears were blocked, I couldn't breathe. But with each passing minute a small sliver of awareness would pass through me before it would disappear altogether.

Sometimes I would open my eyes but, no, I couldn't see a thing. And every time I did wake up I was whimpering, wincing, flinching. I could... feel Michael's blood eating away at my own. Feel the venom working its way around my chest, around my heart. Every time I did awake however, someone's cool fingertips would press over the crease in my arm before they'd prick me with - what I assumed the fourth time around - a needle.