well, what do ya know

Start from the beginning

( With one hard tug, it'd reveal my chest for all to see, but I'm not that type of girl.)

In a sleepy and pissed off haze, I made them breakfast like the little servant I am. Preparing apple and orange juice, no way in hell was I gonna let the little gremlins have coffee, they'd make my morning more stressful with them bouncing off the walls.

I made special order after special order.

"Steeeve, I said I wanted chocolate chips not blueberries."

"Steve, they drank all the orange juice!"

"Steve, Dustin spilled the syrup and is wiping it on me."

"Steve, make them stop eating off my plate."

As much as I do like my name being screamed, I was ready to change it that day.

When I finally sat down to eat, I unfortunately decided to sit down across from her. She has trouble coming up with topics to talk about so she just looks around. I honestly think it's adorable how she just looks wide eyed, but, now that it was on me, not so much.

  I honestly forgot about them since the kids didn't immediately call them out and her stares were a usual thing; so, I saw nothing wrong of it.

I'm just sitting all casual and cool, besides the fighting the boys, ahem ... Mike and Lucas, and Max off of his plate since, if felt like, every time I looked away from my plate something was missing.

I guess my shirt went down a little too much revealing a bit too much. She hadn't said much of anything this whole time, probably racking her brain for everything it could've been.

(Her childhood, if you could even call it that, being her childhood, it wasn't surprising she didn't know what it was.)

  "Bruises."

  Everyone basically stops what they're doing,: fighting for the last pancake, yelling to each other even though their like five feet away, trying to make a super breakfast, a tower made of pancakes and eggos drenched in whipped topping and strawberries, to listen to her.

  It's become an known thing that if she talks everyone quiets down since she doesn't talk loud in the first place and not enough usually.

  "Bruises.", she said again which left the table with confused looks. "On him. Steve."

  Fuck.

  "Steve? What do you mean?", Will asks from beside her, they had quickly became friends after she was found... for the second time. Will knowing basically everything about Mike and El wanting to know everything about Mike was one of the first reasons why they began talking.

  Mike. Mike, the pain in my ass. The sarcastic little shit was the glue to this quiet friendship, at the beginning at least.

  Will, being the only one to try to understand the meaning before acting, sits while the rest of them crowned around me looking me up and down trying to find the bruises. Some even getting a little handsy, for Max being the newest member of the party and knowing me for a short amount of time had no problem lifting my shirt up and checking. (I expected this from Dustin, not gonna lie.)