Accidents

Ring. Ring. Ring. I was woken up by the door bell, that seemed like it got louder every time it was pushed. I struggle out of bed, not wanting to leave the warm comfort, and practically stumbled down the stairs. The ringing still went on, getting faster, louder, and more annoying.

  "I'm coming as fast as I can! Can you stop the obsessive ringing!", I yell as I open the door, met by a startled and slightly frustrated Dustin. Shit.

  "Shit, sorry bud. Didn't know it was you. Just woke up.", I say as I pull him into the house.

  We walk into the living room, he follows after me. I feel really bad for yelling at him. Shit. I messed up again. I sit down on the couch and try to act as nonchalant as I can.

  "So kid. What's up. Why are you are you here?", as I said that his face turned sad real quick. Shit. Why do I keep doing this.

  "N-not that your not welcome. You can come here whenever. But why'd you come over, buddy.", his face becomes happy again, I let out a mental sigh of relief. Finally.

  "Dude, you were suppose to drive me to the Mike's. So when you didn't show up, I rode my bike to see why you didn't come. I was kinda worried.", he said explaining himself.

  Oh yeah. I was suppose to do that today. Why would he be worried about me. I know how to take care of myself. Well, sometimes. I look at the clock and see it's a quarter till four. Hallelujah, I finally slept well. Hopefully it stays that way.

  "Fuck, don't repeat that. Your mother will hate me if you come home swearing more than you already do. I could drive you over real quick and if Mike gives ya shit I'll cover for you."

  "Hell yes! Come on we don't have time to waste. Get at it.", he says pushing me towards the door. He's lucky I wasn't in a shitty mood. And that I had my keys.

  He runs to the car and jumps into the front seat. He slaps the car, rushing me to get in the car. I get in and start the car, and off we go to the Wheelers.

~

  I park in the driveway of the house, besides Jonathan's car. Fuck, I'm gonna throw up. The headache I had earlier is coming back. Dustin opens the door, but waits looking at me.

  "Oh, I'll be there in a minute. Go on without me.", I say dramatically making him snort.

  "And you call us nerds.", he mutters under his breathe as he walks to the door.

  As soon as he walks in, I start freaking out. This is gonna be terrible. They're probably hanging out in her room, on a little hangout date or something. Like we use to do.

  I pull out the cigarette box from the pocket, a bad habit I picked back up. I open it and take one out, lighting it. The air is filled with smoke after a few seconds. I lay back and relax, just forgetting about everything.

  I stay out there until I hear a knock from the window. I jump almost inhaling the cigarette.

  "Holy fuck.", I say seeing a awkward looking Jonathan, with his hand still on the window. And here comes the awkward conversation.

  "Oh. . . . hey Jonathan. What brings you here." Why the fuck would I ask that. Of course I know why he's here.

  ". . . . Will needed a ride here. And Nancy has to stay with the kids so we decided to hangout. We were gonna ask you, but . . . . "

  He did not just do that. Okay. This is something.

  "Oh it's fine. I'm busy anyway. I'm just here cause Dustin needed me to be his alibi to keep Mike from biting his head off.", I say rushed hoping I can just get this over with as soon as I can.