17

"I-I" I stammer in slight fear of Rosemary. "Thank you Matriarch," the healer says. "For what might I ask?" Rosemary says. "I meant Matriarch Samaria. Matriarch Rosemary she saved the babe," The healer says pointing at Amanda wrapping Matilda in a blanket. "Matilda's heart stopped I-I didn't know what to do, but this let me save her," I say holding out the stone.  

                " I brought this," I say pulling the flower out of my bag. "I'm so sorry I disobeyed you," and I hand her the flower. Rosemary just looks at me. I notice her expressions darken as she glances down at the flower.   Slowly taking the flower from me. "Where is Marion? " She questions me feeling at the plant's leaves. "On her way," I say. At that her expressions brighten slightly. "Come with me," She says rushing for the door. "What are we going to do?" I ask quickening my pace after her. "We need to make the vaccine for this virus," She says bursting through the doors of her laboratory. "How do-"She cuts me off. "We need something that can send it to where everyone can get it," She says mixing multiple vials of herbs into a pot with the flower. "The Skybacks," I say grabbing woven sacks. "Yes good thinking but we need a rider," she says countering my statement. "David's a rider he's on his way," I start. "But by the time he gets here it will be too late," she retorts shaking her head. "What do you mean 'It will be too late' We can vaccinate  Breton and have him fly the vaccine where we need it," I say watching her process my words. "He's not ready for that he was unable to finish his course in Canyon City," She says quickening her pace in mix the vaccine. "He's our only option. Rosemary?" I ask as she completely stops.  She doesn't answer me  "Rosemary?" I ask more urgently.  "Follow me we need to be quick," She finally says handing me the vials to put in the bag. 

                       Rosemary leads me outside to one of the ancient towers that was there in the beginning. During my time in their school I was told that this tower was used by the ancient Dinotopians. But it's purpose is still lost. "Why are we going here?" I ask climbing the steps. "Young lady there is so much for you to learn about your fellow Protectors," She says opening a door that leads to darkness. I slowly step inside without saying anything. "The fate of Dinotopia rest in your hands," She says closing the door. "Wait but what am I suppose to do?" I ask, but there is no answer to my question. The room is dark there is no light coming in or out. I feel strange like there is another presence, but it's also silent. "Who's there," I say using my moonstone. The carvings in the floor and the walls begin to glow a purple and blue luminate. The ceiling is a dome and all the carvings lead to a large moon on the ceiling. "Wow," I say. "Magnificent isn't it," Someone says. But there is no one in the tower with me that I can see. "Who's that?" I ask. "Who do you think Samaria," A mans voice says. "How do you know my name?" I question. "Do you really not recognize me," the voice says behind me. I turn around; What I see makes me freeze and my eyes burn with tears. "How are you alive?" I ask chocking back a cry. "How can you hear?" he asks rushing to hold me. "I can't believe that you're in Dinotopia," I say. "Well I had to be somewhere," He says back jokingly. "Um Fletcher do you know how I'm going to fix this?" I ask holding up the bag. " Oh that! Not a problem let's see. This towers purpose was originally meant for the ancients. They taught the protectors how it works and passed it down," He says taking the vials. "How does it work?" I ask. "Simply all you need is the moonstone and it's user," He says jestering to my necklace.