11

Now at Rosemary's. It is like a palace made of yellow limestone and pale quartz. "I wanted to introduce to you my daughter Marion she will be the one going to go find the plant and bring it back,"Rosemary says opening a large light wooden door. "Hello mother you're finally home,"Says a young girl she looks a bit older than me, she has brown curly hair, and daring hazel eyes. "Hello darling how are your preparations going?" Rosemary asks her daughter. "Fine. You must be Samaria Blakely nice to finally meet you,"She says. "Nice to meet you to,"I say. "Marion can you show Samaria where she will be sleeping?"Her mother asks. "Yes, follow me, "Marion says. Walking up the marble stairs. We enter a room with two Syfurwood beds both have gold lace stitching in the linen, a bay window that leads to a balcony, and two walk in closets. "We will be sharing a room," She says. "Is this your partner?". "Yea her name is Emma...When are you leaving to find the plant?"I ask hesitantly setting Emma on one of the beds. "I leave tomorrow morning before the sun comes up,"She says sitting next to Emma and stroking her. "Oh,"I murmur. "Why? do you want to come with?"Marion ask. "Yes, the last of my family are sick, or contagious, and Rosemary said it's too dangerous,"I say plopping down on the bed. "Well I know she told you to stay here but if you truly want to go then there is nothing stopping you,"She says getting up to close the door. "Alright, I'm going with you is there anyone else that is going?"I ask laying back letting my feet hang off the bed' s edge. "I have an escort that will take us to the edge of our territory. My mother said for me to have someone with me on the trip. I told her that I was meeting someone when we stop,"She says. "Well are you?"I ask sitting up. "Yes my husband David. My mother doesn't know who it is," Marion says standing up. She walks over to her bag. "Your mom's not going to be happy,"I say scooting to the edge before Emma falls off the bed. "She is already angry at me for volunteering for this and for something else as well,"She says trying to avoid the subject. "Being deep in the carnivorous territory we need to mask our sent and stay quiet,"She says pulling a perfume bottle from her bag. "That will make us smell,"I say she hands the bottle to me it smells like poo. "Whoa, what is that, crap?"I say gasping. "Yeah pretty much,"She says taking the bottle and stuffing it back in her bag. "So how will I leave without your mom knowing,"I ask stroking Emma's spikes. "You could climb out the window and make your way to the carriage before I leave the house,"She says opening the doors to the balcony. I look down at the thirty foot drop. "I might need a rope to climb down this or maybe I can climb down the side," I say looking back up at the view it has up here. You could see over the waterfall and jungle that we will be hiking through. "Okay just don't fall,"she says smirking. I just nod my response while walking back inside. "Girls dinner is ready,"Rosemary say opening the door to our room.

"I must thank you Rosemary for your hospitality,"I say sitting at the table. "You are my apprentice and besides. I treat others how I want to be treated. With respect and kindness,"She says taking a seat at the table. "We'll become practically family with the amount of time you will spend here,"Marion says passing a plate of food on to me. I just pass it on. I let Emma sleep on my lap while I eat. "It will be spent well,"Rosemary says.
I mange to slip two rolls of bread and an apple into my pockets. While we were eating. "Samaria how is your partner doing?"Rosemary asks. "Emma is doing fine. She likes sleeping,"I say eating some grapes. "Emma is a wonderful name,"She says. "Mother what's wrong you seem distracted,"Marion says with a look of slight worry. "I am fine it's just that your father has gotten worse, and there is nothing I can do until we have the plant,"She says her looks darken. So she also has family that's in the same shape as mine.

Shortly after we went to bed. I fell asleep very well into the cushioned mattress. "Sam wake up,"A voice says pulling me from my slumber. "What,"I say quickly sitting up. "It's almost time to go,"Marion says getting out of her linen sheets. "I have everything ready,"I say getting up. She goes to the closet and changes. "I will wait for you at the gates,"She says grabbing her bag and leaving the room. I never changed into my night clothes. I set the note that would buy me some time. It says I left for the library to study. I plan on leaving Emma here to where she is safe. "Good night Emma,"I say kissing her rough head. I throw my foot over the edge while I hold tight to the stone balcony. I scale almost half way down the wall and I look up to see Emma looking over the edge. Anxiety builds in my chest she going to jump. Emma jumps out above me, falls and hits me so hard I let go of the wall. Emma curls into a ball on my chest I shut my eye readying for the impact of my body hitting the ground. It feels like time has passed by for almost several second. I open my eyes seeing Emma laying on me and we are floating above the ground. We stop floating and I land on my bum yet I'm fine.