"Please, don't go there. I tried talking to him but he just lost it with me. I'm only trying to help and when I asked for his lawyer's information-"

"He blanked your suggestion of trying to help," he finishes. "He's been doing that with everyone since Monday."

"Allison and I have found something that will help him in the case but he doesn't want to hear about it," I explain.

"Kaylee, he won't admit that he's needing every bit of help he can get. I've been in a long meeting with his lawyers since we returned from court and even they said they'll take anything that comes their way to help them."

"I don't want to go over his head with this but I just know that it'll help."

"I've actually got his lawyers packing up in my office. If I give you my email, can you quickly email whatever it is you've got and I'll give it to them before they go?"

"I will," I agree.

Nick tells me his work email address which Allison writes in the recipient box in a new email. She attaches the file we've listened to and sends it.

"Did you get it?" I ask.

"Give me a second to open my emails . . . let me see . . . yes, I got it." He confirms.

"Good," I breathe with relief. "I know it may come as a shock when you hear it considering who the person is that's speaking in it but it's something."

"I'm sure Luca's lawyers won't be shocked over it," Nick assures.

"Even when they hear that it's Nadia leaving me a threatening message on my old phone I haven't used in years?"

Silence.

I look at Allison then my gran who has started knitting away, paying no attention to what we're saying or doing. I look back at Allison who grimaces and looks back down at the laptop.

"Nadia . . . she did that?" He asks, uncertainty in his voice. It may be shock but I can't quite tell. "Are you sure it's her voice?"

I shake my head and get to my feet. "Nick, I've had to work with her recently. I would know her nasty tone of voice anywhere."

The line goes silent again and I can faintly hear Nadia's voice in the voicemail as Nick plays it, validating what I'm saying.

"My God, it is." He gasps. "Kaylee, thank you for this. You have given us something we really need right now. Thank you."

"Not a problem. I'm happy to help."

"If you come across anything else, you have my email to send it to me. Other than that, I'll see you on Sunday night when you return."

The call ends and I give Allison her phone back.

"Umpire, if you look at the scoreboard, you shall see that that's another point for the Madden team." Allison jokes.

I grin. "Hopefully putting round one out of sight and out of mind."

She smiles while shutting the laptop down then places it on the coffee table. "Now what?"

"I think we should look through some more photos then go back home." I reach for some photos and look through them. "Give us a laugh after all that stress."

"Oh, yes!" She squeals, grabbing a bunch of photos. "Let's laugh at how young and stupid we were before we found our brains."

"I still can't believe the colour of our hairs in that last photo." Allison laughs.

"Our hair colours are the least of the worries. It's the look on my mum's face in the background of the picture where Declan is sitting with a bright pink streak in his hair."