Chapter 13: The Shredder Strikes Part 2

Start from the beginning

The blade stabbed right into a machine of some sort. Electricity sparked out and the machine looked like it overloaded. 'Oh boy. That doesn't look good.' I thought. It bursted into flames and I gasped, freezing up at the sight. The fire surrounded me and everyone else, separating us. 'No! Please!... Don't leave me alone!' I dropped my weapon and gripped on my head. My eyes darted around in panic. 'Where are they?!' I thought. I couldn't see anyone over the fire and the smoke was not being friendly to my lungs right now. It's almost as bad as... drowning.. but with heat. It burned my lungs and I coughed almost violently. I only noticed a shadow tower over my own and turned to the source, instantly regretting it. Red eyes met my gray-blue marble orbs.. Tears streamed down my face. I froze as he approached me in an all too calm manner. 'He knows he's gonna win. Do something!' I screamed to myself... but this scene was all too familiar.

I panted heavily as I could see flashes of the laboratory I investigated being on fire. 'People yelling and mutants fighting for their lives. Security being taken down side by side with the mutants. "Get them all!" A pair of red eyes glared at me. Terror filled me before I ever knew that emotion's name. The mutant that I had slain swung his tail out at the so called security guards charging at me. "Cecelia, take her out of here! Run away! Go!" A pair of arms grabbed me and I never saw that lab or that man again.' Until now.

The flames enhanced how real the flashback was and he glared at me before kicking me down. I tumbled down to my side and looked up to him. "Hmmm... Do I know you?" He asked from beneath his mask. I can feel the terror overwhelm me. "Ah. I do recognize you." I can almost hear the grin in his voice. "You were one of those experimentations that escaped the laboratory." He brought a fist down but I blocked his arm before it could land. "You've grown so much.. so skillful, but you're still so weak." His voice dripped with venom. "Such a shame that you sided with those turtles." I shook in fear as he rose his tekko-kagi up. "No matter, there are plenty more where you have came from."

Just then, I hear something crack loudly. The roof crumbled around us and the fire caved into the building. "What?!" He yelled. 'Convenient timing, I must say.' I thought. Apparently it was too soon. He turned around just as a trail of fire came towards us. He quickly swiped his hand across my chest. I screamed out in pain. My eyes squeezed shut as I held my chest, feeling the blood soaking through my top and onto my hands. I could feel the ground crumble around me. My eyes opened and I was reminded of that vision I had..

'The darkness breaking beneath me shattered much like glass and with a yell, I fell in.' I shook my head and ran. It didn't make much of a difference anyhow. I was reminded of the gravity that existed and fell down. My eyes widened and a scream left me, possibly making my throat sore later. I tumbled down from the roof to one of the building floors. Pieces of concrete landed around me. I scrambled to get up and ran around. The fire surrounded me and the smoke clouded my vision. I lowered myself beneath the smoke. The flames were too bright, but at least I could see a little more.

My feet carried themselves across the floor while my eyes scanned around for the exit. I found it. It was a window but better than nothing, I suppose. I ran towards it and braced myself as I crashed through it, feeling the hot air behind me right before I fell down into a pile of thankfully closed up bags. I groaned in pain at the landing. I looked up at the caved in rooftop and the flames licking the air and now out the window I flew myself out of.

"I have to get away from here..." I told myself. If I learned anything from these ninja, it's that there were always more of them and I was in no condition to fight. I picked myself up and went down the alleyway I was in. "I... I have to find my brothers... and hopefully regroup somewhere.." I gasped in pain, holding my chest. I looked down to my chest and saw the slash marks right across the top and the blood seeping right through it. I kept on walking, going down the alleyway and turning a corner to the next alley, getting farther away from the building until finally I could barely see it just down the street.