***

"Drink from me," the guy says before lowering his wrist to my mouth. Without hesitation, I latch onto him as hunger takes over me. "I can see why Falon has talked about you," he says as I continue to drink from him heavily.

I let go, feeling the hunger subside and train my eyes on him, "What do you mean?" I ask before sitting up and studying him. I don't know a Falon, shit, I barely know where I'm at.

He wraps his dark hand over the bite I left him before continuing, "Falon told us about a new vampire halfbreed but no one knew what she meant."

"Talking isn't your job," a voice says from the other side of the room, catching my attention. I turn to notice a shorter woman with red, dreaded hair and hatred in her blue eyes, staring at me. "Get the fuck up." I immediately recognize her as one of my captors, my stomach tightening a little.

"Where's Dieg- Kelic?" I ask, not moving from my spot on the bed. She takes steps towards me before stopping abruptly and scoffing.

"I'm taking you to him since he thinks you deserve to be near him," she rolls her eyes before grabbing something from a closet and throwing it at me. My eyes skim the pale material before feeling the softness of it. I look up to say something but notice she's gone and the door is shut, giving me private to change.

I pull off my dirty clothing they forced me in while I was in the van and pull on the cream colored shirt and find shorts in the closet. As I pull them up, the girl from before bursts in the room, giving me a once over. Before she can say anything, I walk towards her, making her turn around and lead the way. I scan my surroundings, noticing several bedrooms and scurrying bodies all around, none that are human.

"Where are we?" I ask, making her turn around and push me against the wall, before grabbing onto my neck and choking me.

"Stop asking questions. Kelic might care for you but I could give a damn less if you live or die," she starts to tighten her grip but I grab onto her arm and snap it before pushing her away from me.

"I deserve to ask questions! I've been kidnapped, tortured, and starved. The least you can do is tell me where I am," I bark, grabbing my hair in frustration and pulling at it roughly.

"No one cares what you've been through because we've all been through that. It's a part of life," she growls to me, returning to her normal stance.

"That doesn't mean it should be accepted as normal!" I raise my voice, making people scurry away from me even more.

"Shut up or we're going to have a problem," she growls pushing me back against the wall.

"You don't scare me," I bark before cutting off her oxygen by grabbing onto her neck. She flails her arms but quickly turns back to normal as I let her go.

She rubs her throat before continuing down the hallway, "I may not scare you but don't underestimate the others," she whispers before opening a door, leading to a large throne-like room filled with humans and vampires. I walk through the crowd and notice as everyone's eyes follow my movements. I'm brought out of my daze as arms stretch around me and a hard chest greets me.

"Don't be intimidated, they won't hurt you," Kelic whispers into my ear before meeting my eyes. Disgust makes my stomach turn at his affection towards me but I hide it as more people enter the room. I don't know who to believe, Kelic is telling me not to be intimidated but the red head from before is saying to not underestimate them. Either way, they are both snakes and can't be trusted.

"I want to go home," I growl towards Kelic as he begins leading me to a large table. He only gives me a glance but doesn't respond to me. My stomach turns as everyone gets closer to the table, eyeing me like I'm an alien. At this moment, I feel uncomfortable in my own skin, making me wish I could melt away from this place and these people.

"Ive saved you all from your past life. Some of you were even raised by me but that doesn't change that we're all equal. We all bleed the same blood and share the same past. I want to introduce you to Amanda," Kelic says before standing and pulling me out of my seat with him. The eyes follow me, some creepy smiles pull on people's lips while others look at me with disgust. "She is the first half breed to ever be recorded in history and is of royal blood," my heart skips a beat as he continues talking as if I'm not there but that's not what I focus on. 'Royal blood?' What does it mean?

"It's probably just a contact lens," an unknown voice says from the crowd of people. I grimace as Kelic tightens his grip onto my wrist before a smile spreads on his face.

"You can feed from her or fight her and she'll be able to prove it," Kelic offers, making my heart skip a beat. I don't know who this person is and he's wanting to send me off with him? Before I say anything, I hold my tongue. This is the perfect opportunity to escape and possibly my last.

A sketchy guy walks up and I break out in chills. The guy from the van stands before me, his eyes lock onto mine, that's when I notice, his eyes are red and filled with hunger. What the hell is going on? I grab onto Kelic hoping that he changes him mind but he shows no sign of doing that. That's when I decide to speak up.

"I'm not going with him," I say while backing away from him. His face turns up in a sneer like he's proven something.

"If you don't prove what you are then how can we know for sure?" He questions and that's when I realized what Kelic said. I grab ahold of a glass and put it below my wrist before digging my nails into my arm, making blood drip into the glass before pushing it out towards him. Ill do anything to stay away from him. My skin quickly heals before I wipe the excess blood off and watch as the man guzzles it down. Without a word, he falls back into the crowd, letting Kelic continue his speech.

"Purebloods have been hunted for centuries but that's all going to change." He continues before grabbing my hand and placing a kiss on it. Bile rises in my throat at his romantic gesture. "We are the beginning of the new empire!" He yells while pulling my hand up with his. I watch closely as everyone shouts and applauses. My heart seems to stop when they begin to chant, "Rise to her son!"