9 Months Pregnant

It's been 9 months since I conceived my first baby with David and he's watching me like a hawk, as he knows I could go into labor at any moment, we continue to attend classes, I manage to hold our baby in, we attend our last few birthing classes and get our final ultrasound exams, the doctor is pleased that David and I have made it through the pregnancy without any complications.

After the exam ends, the doctor warns David that I could go into labor soon, so he tells David not to let me lift anything heavy or participate in any strenuous activity.

Nodding, David picks me up and carries me to our limo, we get driven home shortly after, we are welcomed by a surprise baby shower thrown by the rest of the school, heck, even my mother and David's parents are there!

My mother hugs me, overjoyed to know I'm pregnant, David's parents are excited as well, David is worried that all the excitement will make the baby come, so he warns our guests to dial the excitement down, they nod, being careful not to excite me too much!

The next Monday, we're in class as usual, but I feel a searing pain in my abdomen! I shake it off, not wanting to trouble David, he, of course, knows something's going on and dismisses the other students, calling the nurse in, he closes and locks the class doors to give us privacy!

"David, I'm sorry I went into labor during class, this is all my fault..."

David shakes his head, not wanting me to blame myself...

"Don't be sorry, love, nothing is your fault, our baby's just decided to come into the world now, this is perfectly normal, but first, I must dress you properly and prepare a spot for you to deliver our baby in..."

Rushing about, David dresses me in a specially tailored birthing gown and places a pillow below my head, then places a soft blanket under me, he bends my knees and spreads my legs apart.

"You remember your breathing from the classes, so breathe, love, it'll be less painful."

I nod and do the breathing techniques we learned in the birthing classes, breathing in and out, David holds my hand and kisses it, whispering to me to keep me calm.

5 hours later, my water breaks in a loud gush of fluid, David shoos the nurse, wanting to deliver our baby himself, as he doesn't trust other people, he holds my knees...

"Okay love, I need you to push, please, you've got this, push!"

I nod and push as best as I can, after an hour of pushing, our baby's head is delivered, so David takes my hand and places it on our baby's head!

"See how well you're doing, love? You're feeling the head right now, I'm so proud of you, you're handling your first birth so well! Keep pushing, our baby will be in our arms soon!"

I keep pushing, 30 minutes later, our baby is born and cries loudly, after our baby is cleaned up and David cuts the cord, we find out I gave birth to a baby girl!

We name our daughter Stella, or "Star" in Spanish, as we can sense our daughter's life being bright!

David places Stella in my arms and kisses us.

"Hello, Stella, it's nice to finally meet you."

"Hi, Stella, I'm your dad, she's your mom, we've waited 9 months to meet you, you're so beautiful, sweetie, you're as beautiful as your mommy."

I smile, after I nurse Stella, I allow David to hold her, he's in love with her, he becomes protective of her!

"Watch this, Destiny, I'm going to call to our daughter now, okay?"

"Okay, David."

I watch David and Stella, smiling at them.

"Stella, our little star."

Stella coos and opens her little eyes, she has David's blue eyes and my dark hair.

After school, we bring Stella home to her new nursery, lying her in her crib, she falls asleep, so David and I go to bed, falling asleep too.