six

diego awoke with a start

diego awoke with a start. he frantically looked around for thea. he remembered the night before, the movie and the cuddling. he shoved a hand through his hair while letting out a sigh. he knew thea left earlier that morning.

after a few moments he reluctantly got out of the comfort of her bed. he grabbed his belongings and escaped the way he came in, the window. as he made his way to his car he took his phone out to check for notifications.

none from thea, of course. he shook his head as he placed his phone back in his pocket. he looked at himself in the mirror of his car. he couldnt help the frown placed on his lips. he didnt know what to do about thea sometimes. he did have feelings for her, he couldn't deny that. he also cared so much for her that sometimes it hurt him.

thea watched her classmates walk into school, chatting away. she watched the couples that looked so happy, but would inevitably split when time comes. she watched the quiet people as they kept to themselves and walked quickly to where they needed to go. she watched the boys being obnoxious and hitting on multiple girls. she watched the girls as they shoved the boys away with an eye roll.

she thought about diego as she sat there. she knew she shouldnt have left him like that all alone in her bed. her bed. he has slept in that bed so many times before. why did this time feel so different. things felt like they were changing, and she hated that. she would do anything for things not to change.

she wanted to text him or leave him a note, but she couldnt do it. instead she grabbed her keys and backpack and drove to school even with it being 4am.

"there you are." thea turned to find jonny staring down at her. never did she feel so happy to see someone she was close to. she immediately got up from her spot on the floor and hugged the boy in front of her.

"woah there" jonny chuckled patting the girls back. she kept the hug going for a while longer before she finally let go and sat back down patting the spot next to her.

"im sorry," she smiled, "i just have felt lonely for the past two hours and youre the first person ive seen today." he looked at her with confusion. "two hours? thea thats like 4am, why were you here so early?"

she looked back to the front door, "i just really needed to get out of my house, and i didnt know where else to go." he nodded, understanding the feeling. they were both so alike in many ways, thats why they got along so well. he rubbed her back as she leaned on his chest. they always felt comfort within one another. they continued like that for the next thirty minutes until the first bell rang.

"so diego how was rayne?" thomas asked with a smirk. after diego left theas he texted his friends to meet up in the school parking lot, a place known for getting high or hooking up before class. the three of them didnt do much of that, so instead they just sat in one of their cars, mainly griffins, and talked while watching.

diego shrugged as he sipped on his coffee he picked up before, "shes good i guess." griffin shook his head at his friend, "okay then, how is thea?" at this diego looked down at his lap.

griffin and thomas knew something was up. "did something happen?" thomas asked, leaning forward from the back seat.

"well, we had a sort of argument last night about homecoming, but then we were fine shortly after that-"

"homecoming? whys that?" thomas interrupted.

"i kind of told her i might ask rayne to homecoming and she didnt like that because of some promise we made about going with each other. i said why doesnt she go with jonny and i go with rayne and she really didnt like that. then she hung up on me and said fine, and thats when i realized i screwed up so i went over to her house and we laid on her bed and watched her favorite movie. i then fell asleep and woke up this morning with her gone and she hasnt messaged me or anything since."  he let out a breath as he stumbled across some words.

the two boys sat in silence for a moment processing what they were told.

"so youre saying that you spent the night over at her house?" asked thomas. diego nodded, putting his head in his hands. "which is something you guys always do," diego let out a hum in agreement. " but this time she left in a hurry in the morning."

"damn that is tough," said griffin, "but that doesnt exactly mean that there is something wrong with you two. maybe something happened with rory or ocean or even jonny, so she had to leave and she was in such a rush that she forgot to leave a note. and youre the idiot that hasnt checked up on her."

diego instantly got up, his face full of regret, "youre right, oh my god im such a jerk! im going to go find her right now." he grabbed his back and slammed the door without a trace of goodbye.

diego marched into his school with a mission on his mind. first he would go check the library for her. he walked through the double doors, his eyes scanning all areas. he shook his head while he turned right back around.

"diego, hi!" he turned to the bubbly voice of rayne. he put a smile on his face as he looked down at her, "hey, how are you?" she shrugged with a grin on her face, "just putting some quick touches on our project."

he chuckled at that. rayne was very smart when she wanted to, and he liked the idea that she was showing it around him. he looked at her face, it was pretty. he could tell she wore lots of makeup, but he didnt mind. his eyes moved from her rosy cheeks to her pink lips. his mind went to theas lips, a natural soft pink tint to them with some moisture on them from her peach chapstick.

he closed his eyes for a second remembering what he was there for. "right well, i will see you later okay?" she nodded, turning back to her work on the table in front of her.

he exited the library, knowing the next spot he needed to check was her locker. as he made his way over he thought of what he was going to say to her. he thought about all the scenarios that would make her leave so abruptly. he couldnt believe how selfish he was being thinking it had anything to do with him.

he stopped right as he turned the corner. there she was. with jonny. he watched as he rubbed her back gently while her head was placed on his chest. they were turned the opposite way from diego. he let out a sigh, stepping back from the scene. he couldnt take his eyes off of them, they just looked so good together, and he didnt want to ruin that.

he shook his head finally looking away. he decided he would just send her a text. he turned and walked to his first class of the day.

so sorry it has been forever, but i got some inspo! :)