19. 𝘽𝙚𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙣

Start from the beginning

She missed Klaus peering at her in worry. She often forgot she was the only one who could see Mikael. Spending two weeks of speaking openly with him, everyone got used to it, she needed to remember that Klaus didn't know and would probably kill her if he did.

"Who are you talking to?" Klaus's sudden question jolted Imelda. Mikael vanished and she shrugged.

"You." Imelda gestured to the workers. "Building a dungeon or?"

"Mansion." Klaus stated simply, placing his hand on her lower back and guiding her through the home. "Once I have my family and the mansion is complete, I'll undagger them and this will be our home."

"I don't think it's going to end as well as your hoping." Imelda pointed out as a hybrid woman sauntered up to them, her dark eyes glanced over Imelda before looking to Klaus and passed him some blueprints. Imelda wasn't bothered by it, but Klaus seemed annoyed.

"This is Imelda Fell." Klaus announced, his voice echoing and ceasing all movement. "She is a welcomed guest and unless I say otherwise, you are to do as she requests and show her the utmost respect." He shot Mindy a darkened look who quickly looked away.

Imelda tapped her thigh as her name was chorused and echoed before work resumed. "Yeah. That's, uh, that's a thing now. Great. No, really, you know? I'm just going to head on out." She jerked her thumb backward as Klaus gave the blueprints to the woman once more.

"You only just got here." Klaus smirked. "And I do believe you owe me an explanation as to why you're not actually dead. Might even get you to help me locate my sister."

"I told you, Mikael gave me Rebekah's blood. When I chose to stab myself, he helped me guide the dagger so I missed my heart."

Imelda had originally thought she had done it on her own but Mikael revealed he knew what she was going to do and helped her out, she had been slightly off and he didn't want to risk her nicking her heart.

"As for Rebekah, I don't know." Imelda had a feeling of what happened but she didn't want to be right. "Look, my phone won't stop vibrating which means it's either Damon who just woke up, my best friends or my self-appointed dad."

"Self-appointed dad?" Klaus grew curious over that, watching as she pulled her annoying phone from her pocket. Before she could answer, he rushed forward, stealing it away and holding it in the air above her head. He smirked as she scowled and tried to jump for it but she was too short.

"Alaric Saltzman." Imelda huffed, hopping around as Klaus spun in circles, jerking her now silent phone just out of reach.

"Will you give me my phone? I've got a bad feeling." She made one final attempt but failed. She groaned as she heard Tyler's voice.

"Ims?" Tyler joined them as they now stood in the front yard once more. "What the hell are you doing here? Why are you not at home?"

Imelda pointed to Klaus. "He has my phone. Wait, why would you care?" She had avoided Tyler best she could since transitioning. Still, she knew Caroline had talked about her to him, she was surprised Klaus hadn't known about her before hand.

Tyler scratched the back of his neck. "It's Jeremy."

He watched Imelda blink before catching them all off guard. She stomped on Klaus's foot, snatched her phone from the air as he let go and sped off, not looking back. If Klaus was going to kill her for that, he'd have to do it later.

~~~~~

"Jeremy?!" Imelda shouted, bursting into the Gilbert household and nearly causing the door to be torn from the hinges.