The Secret to Dancing All Night in a Heavy Wedding Dress

A wedding happens to be the most memorable day in the life of the couple. The entire day calls for a celebration. An integral part of every wedding ceremony is music and dance. The party just never seems to stop and one always sees the couple along with all their friends and family hitting the floor like there is no tomorrow. While it may be very easy for the groom to get his groove on, the bride may find it tough to showcase her moves due to the nature of her bridal gown.

We at Bernadette Pimenta Couture get a lot of brides to be who come and request us to design their wedding gown in such a way that they can dance all night long with it. In addition to this, we also throw in a few tips for them which help them find it very easy to dance and enjoy their big day.

The first thing that may restrict you from dancing in your gown are your shoes. Be careful as to what shoes you decide to wear when you hit the floor. Choose to wear flats rather than high heels. These will make you feel lighter and you'll be able to balance yourself with ease.

From our end when we design a dress we make sure to add plenty of leg space for you to move freely. This leg space helps you to dance well and not get trapped in between the material of your dress. Make sure to design your dress using lighter fabrics. Go in for think tulle, chiffon, and charmeuse rather than satin, silk mikado, and brocade. A heavy dress is pretty difficult to dance in.

Be mindful when you are dancing. Make sure to leave enough space from everyone else while you show off your moves. Do not dance too close to everyone else. This will help you make sure no one steps on your dress as you dance. If you find the time try and rehearse a dance in your wedding dress. Put it on, turn on some music and start dancing like no one is watching. This will give you an idea and feel of the dress and you will also have time to get it altered incase you need that to be done.

Do not let your wedding dress dampen your dancing spirit. We at Bernadette Pimenta Couture know how important a wedding dress is for you on your wedding day and also how important it is for you to enjoy yourself by dancing. We accordingly plan out your dress, call you for a number of trials until you tell us that it feels perfect.