chapter 29: recovery

Start from the beginning

{TWICENCO High School}

The inter school sports carnival had started, with the opening of the running events. Jeongyeon led the athletes, her herself was participating in the 4x400m and 1600m run. It was the 4x400m run now, and an emcee approached her five minutes before the event started.

"Is Chou Tzuyu still participating in today's archery event?" he asked.

"I don't think so, she hasn't recovered from her recent injuries," she replied, brows furrowing slightly.

"Will there be any participants to replace her?"

"I'm afraid not."

"Okay, thanks and good luck in your event," the emcee said, smiling slightly and walked away.

"YOO JEONGYEON WHO'S THAT GUY????" Nayeon's loud voice immediately caught Jeongyeon's ear.

"When will you ever lower your voice?" Jeongyeon covered her ears, earning a smack from the bunny. "Ouch! I'm going to have my running starting soon!"

"Yeah! And good luck okay you ostrich!" Nayeon then stomped away.

"What the?" Jeongyeon mumbled but she didn't have time to catch up with Nayeon as the coach had already started to ask them to prepare. Oh well, she thought.

After the 4x400m event, she went on to prepare for the 1600m runnings which will start at half an hour later. She was smiling satisfyingly as her team had won the first place for the event.

As she was walking around the tracks, she saw Nayeon was sitting with Jihyo at the spectator seats beside the running tracks. When Nayeon saw her coming, she stood up and walked away, leaving Jeongyeon confused.

"What's wrong with her?" she asked Jihyo.

Jihyo raised her brows. "Can't you see she's jealous?"

"Of what?" Jeongyeon was still clueless, obviously did not remember that she'd talked with another guy when Nayeon saw her.

"The emcee. Duh," Jihyo rolled her eyes.

"Doesn't she know she's mine and I'm hers?"

"What did you say?"

Jeongyeon turned around, and saw a rosy-cheek Nayeon. She smiled, "you heard what I said."

"Say it again," Nayeon insisted.

"You're mine and I'm yours," said Jeongyeon, then pulled Nayeon into a hug.

"Enough of being a light bulb," Jihyo mumbled, got up and walked to the sand pit where Sana would be having her long jump event.

Sana was doing her warm up when she saw Jihyo making her way towards her, through all the guys and girls holding slogans like 'NO SANA NO LIFE' and 'SANA FIGHTING!!!'.

She waved at Jihyo and saw her smiling back at her, mouthing a 'fighting' to her, raising her fist into the air.

Sana chuckled at her friend's cute gesture, but couldn't help but feel a bit down as she knew Tzuyu was not here, couldn't see how she was doing for her long jump.

"Next up, Minatozaki Sana."

Sana took a deep breath, then she thought she saw someone who looked like Tzuyu, but wearing a cap. When she looked at the same spot again, there was no one like her.

Probably just me imagining, she smiled to herself.

Standing some distance away from the sand pit, Sana took a deep breath again, looking determined. For Tzuyu, she said to herself.