chapter 29: recovery

Start from the beginning

"Wow wow..." Tzuyu was surprised. "So it's kinda like an extra gift, to help me survive?"

"Yes. Thanks to that, you're here," Mrs Chou smiled, and caressed her daughter's cheek slightly.

"I still don't understand how Mr Song could still defeat Tzuyu with two power upon maturity, though," Jihyo said her doubt which had been long in her mind after the fight ended.

"Song is a strong vampire. No one could deny that. Both of you had seen how Song had used his power - the tornado of anger, for example. Using his speed as an add on to his strength, and also he had many years of experience fighting vampires - all these, could easily defeat Tzuyu, who just acquired her two powers, and lack of experience," explained Mrs Chou.

"So that's kinda like heroes don't have to defeat the villain just because they're strong, because the villain is far more stronger and experienced than the heroes?" Tzuyu asked.

"Yeah, something like that," seeing the two girls getting the idea, Mrs Chou smiled.

"Sana said happy birthday," said Jihyo suddenly.

"Hmm?" Tzuyu turned and looked at Jihyo in confusion.

"She told me if you wake up on your birthday, she wants me to tell you happy birthday."

"Why can't she come to see me?" Tzuyu pouted.

Jihyo drifted her gaze towards Mrs Chou.

Mrs Chou coughed slightly, "you're still unstable, I'm afraid you would attack Sana if she was here. You'll be hungry, that's why I don't allow anyone other than Jihyo to visit you. And I don't want my daughter to lose her girlfriend just because she was being hungry."

Tzuyu's face turned into bright red, "I don't think I've told you about Sana?"

"Jihyo told me about that when you two started dating," Mrs Chou laughed, "me and your dad never expected you to really bring a human girlfriend back, you know? We thought you're just joking in the plane when we were coming to Korea."

Tzuyu became shy, "I was joking that time! But I never knew that...I would fall in love with her, too."

"It's okay, we accept her," said Mrs Chou, "alright, enough of talking, rest and don't you dare to sneak out and meet Sana!"

Tzuyu pretended she hadn't hear anything from the last request from her mother, and she simply slid herself into the blood bath, closing her eyes.

"Okay I'll rest."

Mrs Chou and Jihyo looked at each other, smiled faintly and went out of the room.

[2 months later, 14th of August]

Tzuyu was having her usual therapy for recovering - exercising. It was August 14, the day of the sports carnival. Darting her gaze to the clock for a second, she managed not to let her small gesture being seen by her mother.

Half an hour later, 8.30 am, she finished her last exercise and said to her mom, "mom, I'm going to rest for a while, then I'll be back for the next session at 10."

"Alright, go and have some rest, okay?"

Nodding, she went out of the room with a steady pace, then started to jog back to her room.

She was already near to her original state, but she still would get tired easily every time she finished her exercise. Her limbs are the weakest, so Mrs Chou was focusing on them recently.

Changing into her school's sports T-shirt, the apricot colored one, she then jumped out of her room's window and landed silently, running towards her school - TWICENCO High School.