chapter 27: the circle of duo

Start from the beginning

Another wave of high frequency noise went straight into their eardrums, and they all knelt down, groaning.

The two guys smirked, "I wanna get a good taste of the bunny-teeth one later, Ho."

"Then I'll have the one in their protection, Kyeong," said Ho.

"You guys are already deciding which one as your tea time? Hmph, I want the guy then," replied the women vampire.

"Aww Min, already choosing a nice guy huh?" Kyeong teased, enjoying the sight of all five of their opponents on the ground, suffering.

Jihyo panted heavily, looking backwards to check how the others were doing. Then a shadow whirled past her, and then only she noticed that was Jeongyeon.

"How dare you...were planning to...drink my friends' blood!?" Jeongyeon dived onto Ho, who was currently in shock that she'd suddenly attack them.

Her UV dagger collided with the katana, and Jihyo tried her best to stand and fight Kyeong. Baekhyun sprang into action, helping Jeongyeon as she dodged over the Ho's katana, and he shot Ho. His UV bullet went a millimeter past Ho's face, and he had a slight burn on his cheek.

"Humans...always thinking that they're stronger, weaklings..." Ho wiped his blood of his cheek, "Yo, Min, can't you make them any more suffering from your power?" He said as he used his katana to stop Baekhyun's knife.

Jihyo fought hard with Nayeon in front of Sana, while fighting mentally with the high frequency noise. As a result, she can't even defend properly and was kicked hard on her waist, sending her rolling away from Nayeon.

Kyeong smiled cruelly as he shifted his arm so that his katana would knock out his prey - Nayeon -

"No!" Jihyo shouted, looking in despair as she tried to run but with her legs like jelly -

'Ding', Sana fired her gun. The UV bullet deflected Kyeong's katana, and Nayeon moved as fast as she could - with the noise still inside her head - as her UV dagger slashed over Kyeong's back when she pulled Kyeong over, and kicked him hard in his crotch. Kyeong growled, and when he was bending his body due to the pain, Jihyo reached and elbowed his back - right on his wound - and sent him sprawling on the ground.

"You people - " Min increased the frequency and the next second they were on the ground, feeling as if their head was going to crack. Ho used this opportunity to attack Sana who was in the middle, but the other four of them immediately tried to stand up, and Baekhyun threw his knife, flying towards Ho, which slowed him down. Jihyo used both her katanas to defend them as she was kneeling, at last Jeongyeon approached from the right side and kicked him hard in his stomach.

"ARGHHHH!!!" The noise was getting unbearable. Jihyo was concerned if this got worse, they will not be able to stand the frequency.

And that's when she had an idea, though it seem funny, but they didn't have any other choice.

"Nayeon, Jeongyeon and Sana..." she pulled themselves close, "I have an idea. Do you guys remember...the high note challenge we had?"

The three of them nodded weakly, "what are you - "

Then their eyes shone brightly. "Is it possible...?" Baekhyun was still fighting with Ho, and Jeongyeon asked.

"We won't know it until we give it a try," said Sana, smiling.

"One, two, three - "

They nodded, and all four of them started hitting their highest note, perhaps higher than ever - that the frequency was equal to that of Min was giving them.