chapter 14: explained

Start from the beginning

It's that good, what Sana cooked. Tzuyu thought it was quite unusual for a clumsy girl like Sana to cook good food. But who cares? She's a vampire, she couldn't judge why the clumsy Sana could cook delicious food.

"Did you starve yourself or something?" asked Sana, trying to get Tzuyu to talk to her. The atmosphere wasn't cold, just...a bit awkward, but Sana didn't know why.

Tzuyu kind of mumbled a "mmhmm", and she kept eating her food.

Though Tzuyu was still not talking to her, Sana was happy as Tzuyu liked her food. She enjoyed how Tzuyu ate after finishing hers, and found it cute. She couldn't help but smiled a little.

"I'll wash the dishes, you can go for a shower, Sana," said Tzuyu.

"Sure," Sana nodded and left the table, leaving Tzuyu who had let out a relieved sigh.

Tzuyu quickly finished her food and went to wash the dishes. When she sat down at the table to begin on her homework, Sana had just finished showering, wiping her hair using a towel, making her way to Tzuyu.

"Yah Tzuyu don't you know you have to dry your hair?" said Sana, who pulled Tzuyu to the only bed, made her sat down and used the hair dryer to dry Tzuyu's hair.

"There. You'll fell sick if you don't dry your hair." said Sana, who looked like a nagging girlfriend.

Opps, Tzuyu pushed the thoughts away. She felt warm in her heart, though. "...thanks."

Sana used the hair dryer for herself, nodding a little. "Were you doing the maths homework?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Could you teach me some differentiation and integration? I'm kinda weak at that." said Sana, keeping her hair dryer away after she'd done, and followed Tzuyu to the dining table.

"Uh...I'm not very good at teaching, but I can try," Tzuyu said. "Ask me when you feel you need some help with maths homework."

Tzuyu began to teach Sana maths, while in between when they don't talk Sana would steal glances at her, and Tzuyu would pretend not to see her small gestures.

Time passed, and it was already eleven o'clock at night.

Sana yawned. "I'm tired, let's sleep."

"Okay, since we've already finished our work." said Tzuyu. "I'll...sleep on your sofa."

"No."

"What?" Tzuyu turned to look at Sana when she's placing her things in her bag.

"It's either here," Sana pointed her bed, "Or the toilet."

Tzuyu's expression blanked.

Half a minute later, Tzuyu admitted defeat, changing into Sana's pajamas, going to brush her teeth with a new toothbrush Sana gave her.

She got onto the bed first, trying to sleep before Sana got onto the bed. Unfortunately (or fortunately), Sana got onto the bed before she slept.

"Chewy-ah do you mind being my bolster for tonight?" said Sana sleepily rubbing her eyes.

"...Sure." Tzuyu felt Sana's hands wrapping around her waist, her body right behind hers, and her head rested behind Tzuyu's neck.

Tzuyu felt her energy draining away as she had close skinship with Sana, feeling relieved that she let Sana hug her. It's nice, it's warm, it's what Tzuyu liked the most.

Also, she wouldn't have the energy to attack Sana even though she's in sleep, right? Tzuyu asked herself, and felt herself weaker and weaker.

Right.

She answered herself, and let herself drifted off into sleep.

The next morning Tzuyu got an unexpected morning kiss at the back of her neck from Sana. "Morning Tzuyu."

Tzuyu had to admit, Sana's voice when she'd just woke up is sexy. But that wasn't the main reason that she had blushed so much.

"I'll go and...wash up first." said Tzuyu, who quickly escaped from Sana's hug and ran into the bathroom, leaving a confused Sana.

In the bathroom, Tzuyu freshened up herself, worn her already washed uniform and ate another vampire candy for breakfast.

When she left the bathroom, Sana already prepared toasts for them. She then ate the toasts while Sana went to freshened up herself.

Half an hour later, they walked to school as usual. Since it was still early and Tzuyu didn't want Sana ask more about her not-good-sleep the day before yesterday, so she went to the toilet as an excuse.

"Have you heard Jihyo didn't come to school for these few days after she had been rumored to be a vampire?" said a girl standing along the corridor, talking to two of her friends. Tzuyu stopped a little, and walked slower.

"Yeah, don't know if she's really the vampire, though..."

"The seniors are supporting her, I don't think she's a vampire." said another girl.

"Shoosh, it's Tzuyu..."

This made Tzuyu stopped by, looking at them. The girls wanted to leave but Tzuyu started, "Why do you guys care so much if Jihyo's really a vampire?"

The girls looked stunned, not knowing what to do.

So Tzuyu continued, "Don't you guys see what Jihyo had done for you? She's the head prefect, she'd made sure everything was in discipline, she'd made sure you guys are safe when there's rumored to have vampire attacking students in the school."

"Who knows if she's just covering up after she'd attacked us?" the first girl said.

Tzuyu sighed. "Well then, what's the purpose of her being so responsible of being the head prefect? She could've just be a normal student, waiting for opportunity if she really was the vampire who attacked students. So, you tell me, why is she a head prefect instead of a normal student?"

The girl dropped her gaze, ashamed not to look at Tzuyu.

"So," Tzuyu glanced around the students who we're gathering after they'd heard the noise, "why bother even if she's really a vampire? She didn't attacked Jackson and Momo, that's what I could only say."

A boy from the crowd asked, "are you implying that Jihyo is a vampire?"

Tzuyu looked at him, and nodded silently. There's no point keeping this as secret away from the students; they'll find out somehow.

"Are you...a vampire too?"

"Yes, I am." Tzuyu admitted.

The crowd gasped.

"Even though me and Jihyo are vampires, we are here not to hunt you, but to protect. This is the only thing you need to know."

With that, Tzuyu turned and walked away.