"They've been saying a lot lately," Eve whispered as the twins sat at the end of the pull out bed staring at the movie as they held their own conversation.

"I've been reading to them a lot and King bought them their own tv that he often plays like ABC and speech lessons on it," Renae said.

"They're gonna be smart, I bet you," Dajon said with certainty and Eve nodded in agreement.

"Just watch,"...

It was 5 in the evening and even though the family wanted to have dinner a little later, Mrs. Capri wanted them to start early because she had to rush off to work.

They had one table full of Jamaican meals and desserts and the other table full of American dishes and desserts.

The drinks were on the counter along with a bowl of mixed exotic fruits and another bowl that had salad in it.

"Wah? Mi no nyam deh enuh, move yuh bakside Kwan," Taelor, Kwan's cousin sassed as she pushed his hand away.

He was trying to get her to try the roast Mama Karen made but she was iffy when it came to eating American food.

"Man move, all yuh do iz complain, get out mi face," He sighed fixing his plate.

Dajon looked around confused then over at Renae. "What the hell did she just say?" He whispered and King laughed walking away.

"He knows she doesn't eat that," Ayanna whispered before going back to making her second plate.

"If we gotta eat their shit she gotta eat ours," Dajon stated and Renae gave him a look.

"Be nice,"

"Tell her that, I don't like her attitude," He mumbled walking towards the other table.

Renae shook her head and continued fixing her plate.

"He's older?" Lucy asked lowly as she approached Renae.

"He's older than her and Bre, Shayla is older than them all though and Melissa is the second oldest,"

"Damn, so he's surrounded by females," Lucy giggled.

"You see why he treats us the way he does but he also said they get on his nerves," Renae laughed as they watched Kwan and Taelor bicker.

"Ah suh it set, stop damnit," Taelor frowned pushing Kwan back and he laughed plucking her forehead.

"Use yur damn English, nobody wanna hear dat," He told her before walking away and she rolled her eyes.

Mrs. Capri walked over and gave Taelor a look.

"Wah?"

"English," Mrs. Capri said and Taelor sucked her teeth.

"Excuse mi?"

"Nothing," Taelor mumbled fixing her plate then left out.

"She's a spicy one I see," Lucy said.

"Tried to tell Zuri that," Dajon said as he walked by eating his food and Renae laughed.

"He never likes anybody new, so he doesn't count,"

"I don't blame him though," Lucy shrugged heading back to the living room.

"You don't have a relationship with his cousins?" Renae asked standing next Ayanna as she placed some lasagna on her plate.

"They don't fuck with me and I don't fuck with them, they don't have a reason not to like me and couldn't give Kwan one either," Ayanna shrugged and Renae frowned.