From Flight to Plight

Start from the beginning

What if I didn't?

Wouldn't I feel this way? Would I feel better?

If I didn't stay then I would have never got to see 'Ly happy and inlove with someone else.

"Oh ba't ka umiiyak?" now getting asked why you're crying by the person who made you cry is such an irony. "Sayang naman 'tong panyo." with that Alyssa started wiping her tears and it was like saying 'let me wipe your tears because I made you cry'.

That's exactly it. If I didn't stay then I would have never got to see you happy and inlove with someone else. It's supposed to be better, but why do I prefer this than not seeing you at all.

Then like what always happened, things happened the way Dennise wanted it to be. Just happy things. Alyssa planned and had a surprise birthday party for her, married her again for the second time at the Marriage booth, even got to be her date on their Prom. She even remembered how happy she was winning the Prom Queen, how she defeated Laura in front of Alyssa's eyes, celebrating it with Kiefer who was the Prom King on the stage, who was even proud of her and had always liked her more than Laura for Alyssa.

"Masyado namang obvious na mas masaya kang natalo mo si Laura kesa nanalo kang Prom Queen." Kiefer said not looking at her because they were still on stage receiving their awards, both smiling because they had to. Dennise's smile was because of just like what Kiefer thought and she was aware Alyssa's looking at her now but she didn't look back, she didn't want to be that obvious.

"Next time Alyssa would be my award." Dennise said and they both chuckled.

Dennise was really making the most out of her high school days with her friends but mostly of course with Alyssa. They carved out their initials on every spots where they hangout, had overnight with her alone and the week before her Graduation, along with Jus, had Henna tattoo together for Jus. Dennise didn't expect Alyssa to say yes this time, she wouldn't mind if Alyssa refused to so she was glad Alyssa didn't. Alyssa even made her pick the design because the latter couldn't think of any. Dennise then just decided to go with their initials again just like what they carved out, just more artistic. Again, Alyssa didn't mind it since they knew Henna tattoos didn't last but for Dennise it meant a lot.

But then, like what always happened, things didn't happen the way Dennise wanted it to be. After every smiles she got were followed by tears. She got used to it, it had always been like that with Alyssa but this time, she had enough.

She didn't expect to lose what they had with just a crumpled paper on Alyssa's drawer.

As she read what was written, Dennise felt nothing for a moment as if she suddenly forgot how to feel. Then in a moment Alyssa was already in front of her explaining, admitting the truth about how she lied the whole time. Dennise couldn't think how she was even able to still talk when her mind was getting blurry with all the thoughts and her eyes with the tears. It was as if her mind stopped working after knowing the truth. But it answered the questions on her mind that had been bothering her all this time. Why Alyssa was distant for a day then spend the day with her the other day as if Dennise was the only one she wanted to be with. Why Alyssa was sometimes hesitant today but would go with the flow tomorrow with Dennise. It all answered Alyssa's inconsistencies.