From Flight to Plight

Magsimula sa umpisa

"New Year's eve..." Dennise said the keyword hoping Alyssa could get it. "We were talking right?" she was talking slowly, as if Alyssa got it, her eyes grew wide. "Then-"

"Ssh!" Alyssa covered her mouth and looked at Nanay Celia who walked inside the living room. Alyssa followed Nanay Celia with her eyes until she got out of the house.  She then looked back at Dennise who was frowning. She thought Alyssa just rejected her but then Alyssa sighed and removed her hand from Dennise's mouth. "I almost forgot but yeah I remember." Dennise got nervous.

"Well we haven't talked about it yet." Dennise said and she suddenly wanted to take it back she saw that Alyssa wasn't happy about it and she got confused with what Alyssa said next. 

"Sorry nawala sa isip ko, ipapaayos ko nga pala 'yon." Alyssa said and slapped her forehead. "I didn't even get to hear your New Year greeting." 

Right. You didn't hear my confession. How the hell am I gonna do it again 'Ly?

Alyssa was explaining how their videochat was cut because she used her laptop as a shield when she accidentally hit the fireworks and how she accidentally dropped it and stepped on it which broke the screen.

"Buong araw yata ko sinermonan no'n." Alyssa continued talking but Dennise didn't understand any of it as she was still thinking about the fact that Alyssa didn't hear her confession which took her months to take the courage to do so. "Ipapaayos ko na ngayon, tara samahan mo 'ko?" Alyssa stared at Dennise and was waiting for her response. Dennise looked at her which turned to a deadly glare. "H-hey." Alyssa asked nervously and slightly distant herself from Dennise.

"Bwisit ka!" like a bomb, Dennise exploded and started hitting Alyssa, Alyssa kept on dodging it.

"Sorry na Den! Pati ba naman ikaw galit. Pera ko naman gagamitin ko pampaayos. Yung napamaskuhan ko, sana kasya." Alyssa apologized while holding Dennise's hands. For a moment Dennise got confused. "Magkano nga ba paayos ng laptop?" 

"Wait what?" Dennise asked and Alyssa explained it again. She got out from her bubble and realized what she said. "B-bwisit ka 'di mo iningatan laptop niyo." 

"Kaya nga eh, 'wag na nga raw kita kausapin gamit laptop tutal lagi naman daw tayo magkasama." Alyssa chuckled. "Samahan mo ko ah? Bihis lang ako." Alyssa didn't wait for Dennise's response and quickly headed to her room to get ready. Leaving confused and stressed Dennise in the leaving room with palm on her face.

"Thought I'm done with my first New Year's resolution." Dennise said depressingly. After that they had the laptop fixed but Dennise wanted to destroy it again for not letting Alyssa hear her confession.

-

"Brokenhearted ka na naman ba?" Ma'am de Guzman popped the question as soon as she saw Dennise frowning as she entered the library. Dennise walked towards her table and pouted while logging in.

"E-emote lang ako sa sulok Ma'am." Dennise said as she finished writing her name then looked at the librarian who didn't look pleased.

"Pretend to read a book at least, iniiba mo silbi ng library." 

"I will Ma'am, I'm sorry, I only get to do this here kasi." Dennise said and smiled quickly thinking it would stop Ma'am de Guzman from scolding her. Her cuteness didn't work.

"Siya siya, do'n ka na." Ma'am de Guzman gestured her to go away and have her time alone which Dennise did. 

She started 'emoting' as soon as she sat. She opened the book Alyssa gave her on Christmas, the book she did not want to buy but kept staring at one time when they were at NBS and she was spacing out. The reason why Alyssa thought she wanted it so she bought it for Dennise as a gift. She actually read the book not just because it was from Alyssa but also because she liked reading too and the story became more relatable than reading the title. Like Mia, she was thinking whether she should stay or not, she was also inlove with a band member. But unlike Mia, Dennise's Adam wasn't hers. Not even aware of her feelings and now that she thought whether she should stay or not, Dennise suddenly thought otherwise.