s i x t e e n | fathers and threats

Începe de la început

"I'm not allergic to cats, Haz, it was this running joke between us because I'm gay. Not into girls. I'm not allergic to cats, I'm allergic to...fill in the blank."

Harry thinks for a moment before it clicks, groaning a bit once it does.

"Oh god. Okay, that makes more sense."

"Yeah, and that video was, like, a year and a half ago. How would you even remember that?"

"I...have a good memory?"

"Not buying it, spill."

Harry chuckles, petting Papaya who is laying in between Niall and Harry - her two fathers. Harry mumbles, not answering Niall's question audibly enough to where Niall can hear it.

"Speak up, pet," Niall says lowly, his voice gruff and sending a slight shiver down Harry's spine.

"I may have watched your videos..."

"I already knew that."

"...A lot, I may have watched your videos a lot."

"Like, how much 'a lot'?"

"Like, re-watching them when I was sad or down or wished that I was someone who would exist to you. Or sometimes when I was bored and wanted to smile. Sometimes when I just...missed getting to see you. Which is weird because it's not like I actually knew you, and vice versa, but I missed you sometimes. So, I watched your videos pretty often."

"Did you have a favourite?"

Harry is a little surprised at the question. He was anticipating Niall to tease him for being a super fan.

"I really liked the series you did when Louis and Nick flew out there for that week and Liam tried to get you on a surfboard. I liked seeing those videos because you were always...happier in them. You smiled a little more, and you laughed a little harder. I could just tell how happy you were, and how much fun you were having.

"I always wished I could have been a part of them, but obviously you didn't know me, so I know it was nothing but a stupid pipe dream. Still, it was nice to think about sometimes. And now I have you, and it kind of feels like all of my dreams came true," Harry is smiling up at Niall, who is propped up on his elbow and petting Papaya while Harry is laying on his back, messing about with Tabitha as she tries to nip his fingers.

"You really liked me, huh," Niall thinks out loud, his heart swelling, "I always thought it would be weird to date a fan, you know? I mean, I never thought a fan would want me for me, just for my money or 'fame' as Lou puts it, but you just wanted me," Niall asks, but it's more rhetorical than anything - that's not going to stop Harry from responding to it, though.

"I really did just want you."

"Well you have me, and now my two daughters."

"So since we're together, am I their father too?"

"Do you want to be their father?"

"I'd like nothing more than to be the father of your daughters," Harry's smile widens as Niall's cheeks dust pink, the words sinking into his mind as he takes in what Harry said.

"Well then, Mr. Styles, we are now an official family. You have daughters. I hope you like being a dad," Niall teases, but his face is still red and Harry is still smiling and Niall's heart is still pounding.

"I've always wanted to be a dad. I'd love to have kids someday."

"Yeah? How many?"

"I'm thinking two, no more than that. I think one of each would be good, you know?"