twenty-four

"Wake up!" Two voices chorused, pulling Clary from her slumber in the midst of the commotion, and she opened her eyes to see Newt and Vasantha jumping up and down on her bed, the latter leaping down into a laying position next to the redheaded girl, and her brother quickly followed suit.

"What the hell?" Clary murmured groggily, sitting up and drowsily rubbing her eyes.

"Come on, sleepyhead, we're going to miss the Portkey." Vasantha urged, grabbing Clary's arm and pulling her out of bed.

The redheaded girl reluctantly obliged, letting Vas pull her up and stumbling over to the chair sitting in the corner of the room, where she already had a pair of jeans and a black and red sweater lain out in order to support Bulgaria in the upcoming Quidditch World Cup.

"We'll be downstairs." Newt announced, striding to the doorway, "Your mum has breakfast ready and your dad says we'll be leaving in fifteen minutes."

"Spectacular," Clary muttered as the door shut behind them, leaving her alone in her bedroom once more.

Clary quickly changed out of her pajamas and pulled on the new change of clothes before kneeling down to lace up her sneakers. She swiftly wove her hair back into its usual braid before picking up her backpack and leaving the room to hurry down the stairs.

"There she is!" her mother cheered as she reached the kitchen, noticing the rest of the family to already be awake and gathered around the breakfast table, including Newt, Vasantha, Harry and Hermione.

"Good morning." Clary responded, giving her mother a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll just take a couple pieces to go." she said, reaching for the plate of toast next to Bill.

"We should be off." her father announced, causing the others to rise from their seats.

"Have fun!" Molly called after them.

"Bye Mum!" the Weasley kids chanted before piling outside into the dark sky, the sun only just beginning to rise.

Clary shivered a bit as the chill of the early morning air hit her skin, and she crossed her arms over her chest as the group trekked through the woods outside the Burrow, Arthur Weasley eagerly encouraging the group to keep up with his brisk strides. Unlike most of the children, who were sluggishly moving after their father as they had only woken up minutes before the group's departure, Hermione and Arthur had both been up for hours, and were at the front of the group. Ginny drowsily hurried after Hermione, determined to keep up with the girl's pace.

"Keep up!" Arthur called after the children. "Don't want to be late to meet the others!"

"The others?" Clary asked, looking back and forth between Bill and Charlie, but the two simply shrugged in response.

"Arthur!" a cheery voice cut through the clearing as a man came into view leaning against the base of the tree, and as the group neared, Clary recognized the man as Amos Diggory, Cedric's father. "About time!"

"Sorry Amos!" Clary's father called back to the man as she looked around nervously, but his son didn't seem to be anywhere in sight. "Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start. Those of you who don't know," he said, turning back to the group. "This is Amos Diggory, works with me at the Ministry." A sudden movement caught Clary's eye from above, and Cedric dropped down from a branch in the nearest tree, landing swiftly between Arthur and his father. "And of course you know Cedric."

"Hello," Cedric said with a grin, his eyes wandering around the rest of the group before they landed on Clary, and his grin widened a bit.

"Right over here," Amos said to Arthur, gesturing for the rest of the group to follow him, and Cedric made his way over to where Clary was still standing with Bill and Charlie.