Chapter: 3

You had vivid memories dancing around your heads. Colors, sounds, smells all into one blend. You saw a blurry vision of the avengers. The people who you used to know, you can't remember a lot but you think you used to work with them. You were going against a huge threat but you can't remember who or what it was. All of a sudden you felt a cold wave come over, you snapped your eyes open and woke up, back into a dull reality. You looked around the room, it was dark, and you were soaking wet. You tried to get up but someone stopped you and forced you down. It had just occurred to you, that you were being held captive. "Let me go!" You screamed while trying to get up. You were quickly knocked down onto your feet again. You fought with the guards in your cell. An invisible barrier was keeping you from leaving, but through it you saw two figures. It was Loki and Odin. The guards say you up, but you threw your head back and hit one in the nose. He released you and you tried to attack the other one. While you were fighting them you heard Odin and Loki talking. "Either you return her and agree to give me back what you stole, or she dies, it's quite simple really." Odin said. Loki looked at you. A memory was that was knocked back into you was resurfacing, yes it was Loki, the god of mischief brother of Thor, responsible for the attack on New York. He was a cruel villain then but those thoughts were colliding with the ones you had now. You thought of what you two had been through together, causing trouble and occasionally fighting off the people who came after you. You also thought about the rare occasions Loki opened up to you. You had a splitting headache, trying to figure out if Loki was good or bad. You were filled with all sorts of emotion but confusion was the one that was taking over right now. You were filled with questions and you knew he had the answers. "Why?" You asked through the barrier. Loki looked down. "I didn't take anything he said." Odin glanced at him, "You know for once I actually thought you may have cared for someone, something, other than yourself. I see now that I was wrong." Said Odin. With that he waved his hand to the guards, as if he was signaling them. One punched you in the ribs. You yelled in pain. "Come one I just healed those, please don't break them again." You said. Loki knew you were a nervous laugher especially when in pain. You would try to laugh it off but it wasn't going to happen this time. Loki winced. "It's only going to get worse, but you could accept the agreement and it will be over." Odin said. You didn't know what it was but if Loki didn't agree to it, it was for a reason. "Don't do it", you screamed. You were cut off by getting kneed in the gut. Loki winced again, and waited a moment before looking back up. He looked at Odin, then at you, "You're right, I've never cared. She's nothing more than a pawn in my plan. Do what you must with her." He said, while his green eyes pierced through yours. You didn't know why he was doing this. It had to be a lie. You felt more than betrayed. You were about to say something when you felt something break in your leg. You cried out in pain, as the guards threw you to the floor. You heard one unsheathe his sword. You panicked, and tried to move back towards the wall, but due to your broken foot you could only move slowly. Loki was standing there with a sinister grin on his face. You wanted to vomit. You tried to crawl towards the barrier between you and him. The guard started to drive his sword into your shoulder. You saw the look and Loki's face dissolve into something more painful. He looked as if he was sharing your pin with you. "Stop!" He yelled. He broke his character he had been playing as in front of his own father. The guard took the tip of his sword out of your shoulder. Loki walked up to the barrier between you to. He had a mixed expression on his face, one that you couldn't tell what it meant. But you knew him well, and if he was willing to show some sort of his true feelings in front of his father for you, you knew he did care. He turned around, "I'll agree to the deal." He said. Odin looked at him "and what the artifact you stole." "It will be returned." Loki said through gritted teeth. Odin signaled the guards once more and you were free from torture. The guards handed you over to Loki, who took you into his arms. He slowly wrapped you in a hug. "I'm so sorry." He said, "I'll explain later." You were to tired and weak to argue with him so you just wrapped your arms around him and slowly dozed off leaning into him.

You woke up with your cuts healed. "I've been falling asleep way to many times in one day." You said out loud, because you thought you were by yourself but you saw Loki waiting at the end of your bed. You didn't say anything, you couldn't, you didn't know what to say. "I...I need to take you home." Loki said. You didn't argue you didn't speak to him either without tears welling up in your eyes. "I don't remember where my home is." You mumbled. "That's the thing I do." He said, "It's time I give you your memories back, I've had them for a while now." You were infuriated. You took short breaths and backed away. You were trying not to cry. He gave your memories back and you stayed silent the rest of the time. You went to the bifrost with him. He offered to walk you back to the avengers tower, but you didn't say anything so he took it as a no. Even though you wish he did come along. You didn't want to admit it even to yourself but you fell for him. However your new memories collided with your old ones and now you didn't know what to think. You didn't even know if those were real memories. The most important thing he gave back to you was how you got knocked out. It wasn't from a rough battle, it was Thanos using the mind stone on you to make you fight for him. That's why you couldn't remember anything. And the bruises and cuts were from the avengers taking you down. You thought about this as you made your way back to the avengers tower. You got inside and made your way in, you didn't think anyone was there but they were. As soon as they saw you, you stopped in your tracks. You started to cry right there. You couldn't help it after everything you've been through. All the traumatic memories you just got back, the person who you've grown to love was left behind, and now you were finally home. This was your home and the family you had. Tears rolled down your cheeks as the rest of them came over to welcome you back. You didn't want to talk about anything yet and since you'd gotten back everyone was trying to cheer you up. Wanda said she was always open if you needed her. Peter, who was here under the scholarship he had right fully earned, said he'd be happy to keep you company or help you out. Steve even offered to let you try his shield if it didn't break a window. However you politely declined their offers and made your way to your room. You locked the door, put your back to it and slowly sunk down. You started to cry again. You ruined your friendship with Loki. Knowing him he wouldn't come back. You weren't even allowed back to Asgard. And the only person who knew what happened was him. You could open up to him but now you were by yourself and alone. You were alone in your dark room and cried silently. And even though you were alone in your room you couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching you.