⌜ thirty three ⌟

it felt like eight years ago

they didn't break up, they aren't even in a relationship. it's just that doyoung's adopted daughter calls her principal "papa" that so happens to be doyoung's ex. taeil didn't want to be sad about it, he didn't want to cry over it, he didn't want to act like a teenager being rejected, because doyoung has a point. sure, it's doyoung who asked for a last chance but taeil could have at least tried to make an effort and help doyoung in fixing their relationship. now it looked like it's only doyoung that wants them back together just because he did nothing to work things out. it's all because of him being relying on the fact that it was doyoung who asked for a chance so he should be the one making an effort.

when he, too, should at least do something because he loves him back.

whatever.❞ taeil switched his position facing the window, not even bothering to care for his tears that's falling down ever since he locked himself inside his room. ❝he's gone now.

it'll be just like stages he went though back then just to move on, but sadly failed to do so. he'll cry his eyes out for a couple of days, or maybe months, and then go on blaming everything on himself. after that, he'll go on and say he's fine and has finally moved on but actually is not and probably will never.

why is it so hard for me to find a man?❞ taeil sat up and sobbed as he went to find his box of tissue with those tears-filled eyes of his. ❝why is it so fucking hard to replace him?

it clearly can be seen that he and doyoung are not meant to be. eight long years, life gave him eight years to find a man and move on from their last break up. but did he ever find one? no, and it's all because he never moved on. he always would say to himself that they are going to meet again, get back together, and will live happily ever after.

he was so wrong. they did ment and they almost got back together, that's all. after that, it's like going another break up.

i try to convince myself,❞ taeil paused for a moment just to blow his nose on the tissue before talking to himself. ❝that there's a man who's much more than doyoung. a man that i actually deserve. but why won't i listen to myself?

he should have already expected this to happen and shouldn't have risked it from the start. but then, everything just got too good and taeil was so happy having a so-called family with doyoung. don't get him wrong, he really treats minyoung like she's his daughter, but with doyoung it doesn't seem like any marriage contracts nor a ring matter at all. he could already feel a loving and happy family with them and taeil is glad of it.

until everything just had to go down in a blink of an eye.

listen to yourself, taeil.❞ anyone hearing him would find him crazy for talking to himself, scolding himself even. ❝don't be stubborn and just listen to yourself.