Trespassers

"Hey I recognize these woods," Katara spoke up after a week of travel. She looked around seeing a river and a mining cavern on the side as they wore earth kingdom clothes once again with traveling boots as Katara wore brown trousers and a tight green tank top with her wrappings up to her elbow. As zuko wore boots as well with similar trousers but had a shirt with baggy sleeves and a darker green tunic over the top.

"i think we're by haru's village," she smiled brightly and zuko quirked his brow.

"Earth kingdom village names are so weird," zuko mumbled rolling his eyes.

"Says the guy that had dragons in his nation," Katara waved him off but dragged him along till a mile longer they faced the cave that was blocked by stones from years ago.

"Yea this is the tunnel that collapsed on the old man!" Katara clasped her hands together excitedly.

"The things you get excited over," Zuko kept walking.

"I know where we are, trust me," Katara took his hand gently with a soft smile but winced at the continuous headache that's been on and off for the past two weeks as well as cramps once in a while. Luckily she hasn't gotten as sick since a week ago but she still got nauseous, she would never let Zuko know that she feels like she's gonna throw up twice a day.

"Enemy or friend?" Zuko asked as he enjoyed the feeling of her hand in his.

"Friend, you met Haru at the air temple, his father was taken prisoner again though during the eclipse," Katara explained and he nodded softly.

"The one in the wheelchair?" He asked trying to remember before they were all separated.

"The one with the mustache," Katara corrected.

"Didn't sokka say he was your boyfriend?" Zuko quirked a brow at her.

"Not every boy I try to save is not my boyfriend!" Katara snapped and Zuko smiled to himself.

"You have a type then," he mumbled under his breath innocently but Katara smacked his head with a huff.

"You said you'd stop hitting!" Zuko flinched with a smile as she tried to swat at him again but he held her wrists.

"You bring out the worst in me," Katara laughed as Zuko pushed herself away as the small battle was done, he smiled gently watching her walk ahead.

His heart skipped a beat as Katara looked back at him with those blue eyes he could never stop being enchanted by. She was the most beautiful thing he's ever seen, and best thing he's ever loved.

Katara extended her hand and made a grabbing motion for him to grab her hand again as they laced their fingers together.

She sighed softly smiling as the day was actually really nice, it wasn't to hot out but the sun was partly covered by the clouds which helped. Katara could feel herself zoning in and out as she's been feeling more tired than usual, could be the same bug she caught in the fire nation that made her nauseous.

The two found a path and followed it hoping the village was still standing after haru and his father and the other earth benders went to take their home back. Katara hoped haru found his way back home, or at least was okay.

The couple felt the ground shake as a rock wall blocked them from behind and three people in green clothes stopped in front of them in bending forms.

"Who the hell are you?" Katara clenched her fists as Zuko took out his Dao blades with a glare.

"Your trespassing," a man created a boulder and sent it at the two but Zuko moved Katara out of the way and sliced the earth in half.

A large rock knocked Zuko over as he grunted and Katara gasped seeing one come her way; suddenly a woman ran in front of Katara and slammed her fist into the rock as it turned into dust around the two girls.

"Are you crazy?!" The woman yelled back, she had brown hair with grey stripes of hair tucked behind her ears.

"Lily what are you doing?" A man asked confused as Katara ran over to Zuko as he was sitting up.

"Listen dumb asses," 'lily' put a hand on her hip as the two teenagers got up.

"Are you two okay?" She looked back with her dark hazel green eyes.

"Peachy," Zuko dusted himself off.

"Travelers?" Lily asked.

"Refugees," Katara pursed her lips.

"And you attacked them?" the earth bender sighed looking at the men.

"Either or they're trespassing," a man scoffed.

"I'm looking for my friend, haru, I believe this is his village," Katara stayed in front of Zuko as she knew more of the area than him.

"Your water tribe, I think I heard of you water bender," a older man of the three walked forward as he saw Kataras necklace.

"You helped my brother out of prison with the avatar," he smirked and Katara smiled softly.

"I was never happier to see them all gain their courage again on that prison," she told him kindly and bowed to show peace.

"Come with us you two, allow us to get you a warm meal," lily sighed nodding at them as Zuko stayed silent, he trusted Katara to make the next moves.

"Thank you," she smiled holding his hand as the four earth benders lead them back to their village.

"Hey boy, you look familiar, have I met you before?" Lily looked back at Zuko.

"Nope, never been to this part of the earth kingdom," Zuko lied with a shrug.

"Huh, got a name?"

"Lee,"