Chapter 1

The Order

                                 "You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back."
                                                                                  —Anonymous

                                                                                                ~

[Narrator] Long ago there lived six ponies they were entrusted with the most sacred items in all of Equestria these were called the elements of harmony the leader of the group Twilight Sparkle was graced with proment tittle of being called the princess of Friendship using the elements they defeated many enimies in and out of this world but soon Twilight had to take care of her princess duties and went to canterlot she missed them terriply but there was this Pegasus Stallion named Flash sentry who lifted her hopes of being a princess she fell in love and he did as well but laws and orders plaqued there minds and Twilight fell into a state the princess became worried about there friend and hoped that one day she and him would make Equstria bright again but an evil got in the way [Nightmare evil laugh] Hello little princess 

~~~~

 At the sound of the Royal Canterlot band greeting Celestia's raised sun with a cacophony of trumpets, Flash Sentry's eyes snapped open.

At that moment, a set of old, frail hooves knocked on his door. Then, as if on cue, a feeble, trembling voice called out past the oak.

"Good morning, Sir Flash Sentry. May I come in?"

With a groan, the pegasus rolled over in his bed and stared at a mirror on the opposite side of the room, ignoring his visitor.

His mane was disheveled, tufts of wild blue hair sticking out every which way. Dark circles hung under his eyes. The fur on his cheeks was matted from the remnants of shameful tears, hours past their drying. He weakly lifted his wings, which were in need of preening, and sighed.

A third knock caught his attention. "Sir Flash Sentry?"

Rising reluctantly off his haunches, Flash steadied himself on the bed and called back gruffly, "Come in, Greyhoof."

The door creaked on its hinges as it opened. The old Earth pony trotted in, a kind smile on his withered muzzle. Cloaked in the traditional black and white of a butler, Flash Sentry's personal servant bowed before his master's hooves as he closed the door behind him. "Good morning, sire."

Moving down to the floor, Flash stretched his neck and wings, sighing as the joints all along his back popped in release. "For the last time, Greyhoof," he said as he ran his forehooves over his face and mane, "just call me Flash."

Greyhoof chuckled. "Aye, but sire, you and I both know how well that would go over." A small grin curled across his muzzle before he trotted over to the wardrobe and opened it. "Now, why don't you sit back down and I'll get everything ready for you, sire?"

Messing the matted fur on his cheeks so that the treacherous trails of dried tears were no longer visible, Flash nodded. No matter how many times he told Greyhoof that he needed no assistance in maintaining or donning his armor, he wouldn't listen. Greyhoof would only shoot him a smile and a chuckle while carrying on, to Flash's chagrin. He'd long since abandoned trying to deny him any further.

While Greyhoof inspected his armor and began to polish it, Flash preened his wings and twiddled with his forehooves. It was another day in Canterlot Castle. Another day in the Royal Guard.