14) .Returning Home.

(Edited)

.Returning Home.

~Tuesday Prince~

Dancing and food and drinks ... the party is filled with happiness and delight, and yes, there is even turkish delight, far better than the White Which could have possibly provided. Peter twirls me around on his finger, making my hair fly around my face, falling from my twist. I laugh lightly, giggling crazily, and loving the feeling around the room. However, everything seems to die down for me when I catch Aslan's eye. He stands by the door, gazing at me with a solemn expression. Without a word, he turns to go. Of course, I know what this means. He needs to speak with me and privately. When Peter turns his back for only a moment, I slip away and through the doors, following the great lion down the hall. He doesn't lag behind, but keeps his pace, turning the corner just as I catch him. When I'm finally out of the castle, Aslan leads me to the beach where he stands tall, the water not daring to touch his feet. I near him and bow my head slightly.

"Queen Tuesday, the Kind," he starts, a small smile gracing his features. "Did you know that your mother was known as Queen Alexa the Brave? Together, you would have made the best rulers in all of Narnia. It was only a shame she never got to see you come to power. She would have loved it. Will you walk with me?" 

I don't say anything, but as the great lion turns, I fall into step with him. "What is it that you need to talk to me about? Or did I get the message wrong." 

Aslan chuckles marrily, his voice deepening for a moment. "No, you understood me correctly child. There is something that we must discuss, but I want to tell you a story first." 

I nod as he continues. 

"You know that you can not grow older or change in the land of Narnia. You know your mother did the same. She would pass from this world to the other in order to grow and change. When I sent her away, just when she was your age, I never knew that that day would be the last I saw of her in the flesh. That saddens me to tell you such things, but it is true. Though she now lives in my kingdom, she is only of spirit until one day, spirit and body are reunited. Do you understand, young one?"

"I do," I tell him, "but what is the point to all of this?"

"As much as I know you know what I am trying to say, I will say it anyway for your own understanding." He takes a deep breath. "Like your mother before you, you must age and grow. Now, on this day, is your time. The Pevensies will stay and live their lives to the fullest before returning home to where the White Stag will lead them. Till then, they will only remember you in the stories they hold and in the songs they will sing. Though it will take only seconds for you, it will last a lifetime for them. You must understand that after that point, things will begin to change. Feelings will as well, whether it is for the better or worse is your decision." 

I nod once more. "I understand." The frown on my face is evident, however. The Pevensies? Change? I can hardly see a thing happening. But what if they dislike me? What if they decide that I am no longer their friend and that I am just a normal person? What if-? 

Aslan lets out a laugh that echoes across the beaches. "Do not worry, my child, nothing that drastic will change. In due time, you will know what I mean. For now, say goodbye to your friends and head towards the lampost that stands at the ends of Narnia. There, you can return home." 

I cock my head to the side slightly. "And what of you?"

"My time has now come to leave as well. It is not long that I can dwell in this world."

"Will I ever see you?" His laugh graces my ears once more.

"Of course, my child. I never leave you. You and I have a special bond that makes us as if we were one. Now, go, remember what I have told you and keep me with you, always." He turns and once more, walks down the banks. I watch him for only a moment before heading back to the castle, a sad look on my face, hoping, at least, that the Pevensie's will miss me.