Chapter 16: Bye Bye Lindsay

Jane's POV:

2 Hours Later...

I closed my eyes and got a big wiff og my waffles that lay before me. As I flipped the last waffle, Kayla glared daggers at me. This whole time, she has been trying to see what I was up to. And at the same time, I tried to hide the waffles from her prying eyes. I used a secret recipe I had made up. I plopped the final waffle onto a large plate and sat it before the 'judges' just as Rythian did the same.

Kayla clapped her hands. A wide grin came across my face. "Okay everyone. We have Judges Lewis, Lindsay, Sjin and Pheobe who will be tasting these magnificent waffles before them made by contestants Joakim, Jame and me! Blah, blah, blah. Taste the waffles and may the best chef win!" Kayla announced as if this was a show and that people were actually interested in our life.

I watched as everyone ate their waffles. Even though I had a wide grin glued to my face, I was terrified. I tried not to think about because Kayla might since it. After a wrestling match with the plate, Kayle spoke, "Okay, point to your favorite waffle!"

I tightly closed my eyes for five seconds and when I opened my eyes, my smile instantly disappeared. Kayla won. My hearing left as Rythian gave Kayla a hug and I found myself on the floor pounding my fists on the hard tile. It was the only way I could get my anger out calmly.

Kayla walked over to me. Not really the best move to make when I'm like this, even if she is my twin. "Bad sport? Too bad." I growled at her. Literally growled. Like a dog to a trespasser. 

I lept to my feet as Kayla ran out but I was close behind her. I landed on top of her, then there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it!" Kayla lept out of my grasp. Dang it! Stupid door. "Miss Hayley?" spoke Kayla. From her orphanage. 

"Is Lindsay here, darling?" Miss Hayley said.

"I'm here. Why?" Lindsay walked up to us.

"Come, Lindsay. You're going to the orphanage seeing as you your mom is dead and your father is in jail." Miss Hayley announced. I felt hatred for this woman whom I have no never met. Must be from Kayla.

"No." Kayla said as Miss Hayley gazed at her.

"Excuse me?" asked Miss Hayley.

"I said no. She's not going anywhere with you." That was when Rythian came to the door with a frown on his face.

"Why are you here?" Miss Hayley smiled at him.

"Ah, Mr. Hellstrand. Tell this child to quit being naive. Also, I need Lindsay to come with me to the orphanage seeing as her parents are not capable for caring for her." Miss Hayley said.

"This 'child' is my daughter that you'd well remember that." Rythian scoffed and crossed his arms. Miss Hayley held up a sheet of paper. Lewis, Pheobe and Paul walked in as Rythian read the strange paper. "Fine." He growled.

I could feel a rush of panic sweep over Kayla. The woman that Kayla called the devil spoke up once more. "Come." And Lindsay walked off with her. I immediately left and entered the kitchen again.

At that moment, I felt something I have never felt before. I felt like there was a hole in my heart. Is Kayla alright...?

A/N: The long awaited chapter 16! Just to let you guys know, I have up to chapter 28 or so already writen down but I have just been caught up in school and after school marching band and concert band. I will try to publish as much as I can, as quick as I can. For now, I will try to type up two or three more chapters and save them for a later date. Hope you enjoyed Chapter 16: Bye Bye Lindsay. See: Shad0wL1ghtBFF for Kayla's POV!