~5~

The next morning I awoke to a text from Dray

Dray😍- Good morning baby I will be late to school today I hope you don't mind walking or driving. ❤️

My Luna🥰- I'll walk that way you can take me home. Good morning baby.

When I got to school I was wearing black jeans combat boots and an avenged sevenfold shirt. I was sitting in the cafeteria with my headphones in listening to music when I felt someone sit down at my table. It's Tiffany of course.

"Hey Blaise" she said. "I brought you a coffee. S'mores Frappuccino from Starbucks. That's what Drayton said you liked."

"Thanks, Tiffany. Why are you being nice to me?"

"Even though Drayton and I broke up we are still close friends. Since you'll be in our friend group now I wanted to start fresh. I know I haven't been the best person to you in the past but I want to make up for that. Dray really likes you."

"Well, I'm all about second chances so ok."

"Yay! Dray will be so happy!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, our families are really close. Dray and I just weren't right for each other but they don't want our break up to break up our friendship."

"Oh, that makes sense."

"So give me your number then we can text and talk more."

"Sure." I said putting my number into her phone.

"Ok talk to you later. I gotta meet Ian in the library."

"Who's Ian?"

"My new boyfriend."

"Oh ok. See ya later."

"Bye B."

Later that day at Lunch Dray still hadn't shown up. I'm eating lunch in the cafeteria by myself with my headphones in. When 4 of Drays friends come over and sit at my table.

"Hi Blaise" one of them said.

"Um hi?"

"Oh I'm sorry let me introduce us. I'm David, that's Elliot,  that's Ian, and lastly, we have Adam."

"Hi. Ian your Tiffany's boyfriend right?"

"Mmhmm" he said with food in his mouth.

"Why are you guys sitting with me? Elliot, I know you hate me. Ian I haven't ever seen before. Adam I know thinks I'm creepy but has been nice in the past. Lastly, David, you referred to me as 'that' on numerous occasions."

"Your right I do hate you." Elliot said "but I'm not here for me."

"I don't have a reason to hate you or think your creepy. Everyone is unique you just have to meet the person and see who they really are." Ian said

"Ok Ian is my new favorite!"  I said

Everyone just laughed.

"Yeah I do think you are kinda creepy but that doesn't mean your not nice." Adam says.

"And yeah Blaise I have referred to you as that because I don't really get the whole goth thing. But you are dating our best friend and when he isn't here. We make sure your safe."

I saw the 3 other boys scowl at David.

"Why would I need to be kept safe? I was fine before. I should be fine now."

"But your not. Someone is not happy that you guys are together." Elliot said

"Yeah and that person wants to hurt you." Ian said

"Severely." Adam added.

"Oh." I said my voice sounding small. I looked down at my tray and picked at my food.

"Look, Blaise, we are doing this for Dray and we don't want to see someone get hurt just for dating our friend." Elliot said

"That's sweet of you Elliot thank you. I appreciate you guys. Who should I be on the lookout for?"

"Ummm well as of right now all you need to do is let one of us walk you to and from class until Drayton gets here" Ian said.

"Ok, I have math next."

"I'll walk you Blaise. My English class is right next door to your math class." Elliot said

"Ok then. Let's go."

"Ok."

"Bye guys."

As Elliot and I were walking I noticed he was kind of fidgety and was looking at everything.

"You ok Elliot?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I'll meet you after right here ok?"

"Ok."

"Don't go off with anyone else besides those of us who were at the table."

"Why?"

"Blaise just please trust me."

"O-ok"

Elliot pulled me into a hug then whispered in my ear.

"The person who wants to hurt you is close. Please trust me and listen when I say only go with us from the table at lunch or Dray."

I hugged back.

"Thank you for telling me I know this hug is really uncomfortable for you. I'll let go now."

"Thanks. Meet me right here after" Elliot said lowly after we parted.

Who is trying to hurt me?