49.| Resign

Your POV

"Zhen Yuejia. Can you please come to my office?" 

I closed my eyes shut tightly before standing up and heading to ChengCheng's office, which happens to be right behind my own desk.

I walked into his office and forced a smile. "Yes, Mr. Fan? What can I help you with?"

He stops twiddling the pen in his hand and looks at me. "Do you have the papers to the project and land I have requested?"

"Yes. I shall print them out and hand them to you right away." I say. As I was about to leave. He requests, "Could you also grab me a cup of coffee too?"

"Definitely."

I headed into the coffee room and saw Yibin standing there with a smile. "What?" I barked.

He smiles and shrugs. "Nothing. Really."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Your such a bad liar."

"It's nothing really. I just find it funny how your former ex is also now your boss...ish."

"Yeah? Well. It's not my favourite topic either. But what can I do? As long as I am getting paid. I am happy."

"If you say so," Yibin says before taking another sip from his cup. I headed back to ChengCheng's office and placed down the coffee in front of him.

I didn't bother to say anything before leaving. 

By the time lunch came around. I came and checked in of Yangyang, to see if he wanted to go out, or wanted me to buy him something to eat.

I knocked on his office door and opened it after.

"Yangyang?"

"Hm?"

"It's lunchtime. Do you want me to grab you something to eat?"

"Yes, please. Sorry that I can't go out with you today. It's jus-"

"Lots of paperwork?" I cut him off. His eyes soften and nods. 

"Yes. So much paperwork."

I walked over to his side and kiss him on his cheek. "I will return after I'm done eating. Okay?"

"Okay."

I headed out and grabbed some food. Sat by myself for a short moment, before a familiar face sat down in front of me. Though I remember the face, I can't quite remember what their name was.

"Can I help you?"

"You don't remember me?"

I smiled in a confused manner. "Hmmm. Not enough to remember your name. Sorry."

"I'm Fan ChengCheng's girlfriend!"

Then everything came back to me.

"Ohh. It's you. The girl was can't read Chinese." I smirked. 

It's funny because I still don't remember what her name is. The face is very clear in my head now. I'm sure she's here to talk about ChengCheng because I'm 100% sure, she isn't interested in being besties with me.

"You-"

"Cut to the chase, please. I have to get back to work soon."

She frowns as glares at me. While I sat there and eat my lunch, like any other normal person. 

"Where is Adam?"

Okay. Switching to English now I see.

"Adam is your boyfriend. Why should I know."