I Survived

Summary: Damon encounters an old enemy that wants him dead. Will he survive, or will it be too late? Will someone have to rescue him?

Previously On The Vampire Diaries

The vampire shot Damon with a hand gun.

"Bernardo."

He looked at the vampire. He wore blue jeans, a blue t-shirt, white tennis shoes, and a black leather jacket. He had brown short hair and dark eyes.

"Damon."

"I outta kill you, Bernardo."

"I don't think you're in the position for threats or killing."

"What do you want?"

"Nothing. I'm doing as I promised I would."

Damon suddenly remembered him telling him he would kill him.

"That was centuries ago."

Bernardo shrugged and then got him several more times before walking away.

Damon fell to the ground.

Present

It was a dark night. Damon lay on the ground wounded. He lay there in excruciating pain and agony, waiting for help. He knew he needed help. He knew he was bleeding heavily and needed to replace it when he had the chance.

He slowly took out his blue flip phone and dialed a number.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Elena," he said softly.

"Damon?"

"I need help."

"What happened?"

"Vampire."

"I'll get you some help. Hang in there."

"I'll try. Hurry."

Elena hung up and then dialed a number.

"Stefan, Damon just called me. He needs help. A vampire. It sounded like her was in pain and trying to hang on."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

He hung up.

Stefan ran at full speed, following his brother's scent, ready to help him if needed. Ready to save him even. They were brothers. They relied on each other. They protected each other. Damon, Stefan's elder brother, was always getting hurt by another vampire.

He soon found his elder brother.

He knelt by him.

"Damon."

"Stefan," he said softly.

Stefan soon had him on the couch in their house and wounds taken care of.

He grabbed some blood and gave it to him.

A month later, Damon was better. So everybody lived happily ever after.