"I did baby girl. It's tradition. Besides can you blame me for wanting to dance with my beautiful mate?"

I probably turned the color of my dress as a dopey smile blossomed across my lips.

Once Lucas and I were in the center of the floor, Lucas positioned us for a waltz.

"I don't know how to do this." I whispered to Lucas.

"Just follow my lead sweetheart."

I nod my head and a slow but beautiful song plays through the room. Lucas does as he said, and leads me in the dance over the entire floor.

He spun us around the room in large spins and to say I wasn't having fun would be a complete lie.

Lucas and I laughed as we spun around, with matching smiles plastered onto our faces.

As soon as it started, I felt like the dance was over. I couldn't help the slight pout that formed on my lips.

Lucas looked at me and laughed. 

Like really laughed.

He leaned down and placed a soft yet demanding kiss upon my lips. I responded immediately and he smiled against my lips.

Pulling away I couldn't help but laugh.

"We can dance as much as you want princess."

"Good!"

I stood on my tippy toes and placed a quick kiss on Lucas cheek.

We danced a few more songs till my feet started to hurt and I had grown slightly tired.

"Do you want to call it a night and head back to the house?"

"Can we?"

"Of course. We can do whatever we want."

Lucas sent me a wink as he wrapped his arm around my waist and lead me to the ballroom doors.

We walked out the palace doors and in the driveway awaited my dream car.  

A blue and black 1980 Jeep CJ-5.  

"Happy Coronation Day baby girl. Do you like it?"

Lucas rubbed the back f his neck, a sign that he was nervous.

Aww the big bad Alpha King was nervous.

"Like it? I love it! How did you know this was my dream car?"

"I may or may not have asked your mom, I mean Adaline, your favorite car. This is what she told me. Said you would dream of escaping Rapid River in this car and you would take her with you."

"Lucas... Thank you! I didn't know we were supposed to get each other gifts though. I didn't get you anything."

"A kiss should do the trick."

So that's exactly what I do. 

"You gonna drive us to the house?"

"Hell yeah!"

"Language."

"Sorry. Wait you curse all the time when your working! Why can't I?"

"Because those filthy words shouldn't come out of your innocent mouth. I won't allow it."

Like the child I am, I stick my tongue out at him.

Lucas laughs as he leads me to my new baby.

"You know how to drive right?"

The anxious look in his eyes makes me laugh as he hands me the keys.

"Adaline taught me. When Jordan found out he made me drive to get groceries and do other errands."

I start the car and the engine purrs to life. The quiet hum causes a larger then life smile to appear on my face. I pull out of the driveway and before I know it, I'm pulling into the garage.

I turn the car off and Lucas jumps out of the car and opens my door before I pulled the keys out of the ignition. 

"What a gentleman."

"Of course. What kind of mate would I be if I didn't open the door for you?"

   Lucas leads me to our room where a feeling I've been suppressing surfaces. 

Come on Audrey! We both know you want to complete the mating process! Now is the perfect time too!

Shut up Kenna!

Just talk to him about it!

Fine dumb wolf.

Good stupid human.

"Lucas?"

"Yes baby girl?"

"I'm ready."

"For what?" 

"I want to complete the bond. I'm tired of waiting."

"Like right now?"

How dumb can he be?

Shut up Kenna!

All I'm saying is that instead of being a normal guy hes standing there asking questions!

"I mean it doesn't have to be right now, but soon. Unless of course you don't want to..."

Lucas dashes in front of me and holds my face in his hands. 

"Of course I want too. Baby, I just want to make sure your okay with this. We can wait. It's okay."

I place a kiss on Lucas lips, showing him how frustrated, scared, and how much I love him.

"Are you sure baby girl?"

"I'm sure.

Welp. Here is another chapter. Not my greatest work but I'm using it as a filler chapter. I'm sorry it's late. Comment and Vote if you enjoyed! See you in the next chapter!

Love,

Bookdragon2022