Chapter 9

Lucas Point of View-

My mate is so precious and naive. All I want to do is be with her. She seemed so scared of me when we met and when she woke up. It literally broke my heart when I say the fear in her eyes.

She slowly started to calm down and let me help her prepare for her bath. When she called out for me to stay though made my heart swell. It was right then that I knew.

I love her already.

I will do whatever it takes to make her happy and to keep her safe.

When I saw those scars on her back though. I couldn't help it. My wolf wanted blood and so did I.

How dare someone hurt her. She is so timid and kind. Why would someone want to hurt her?

When I asked her about the person behind her scars she refused to tell me. She refused to tell me, the FREAKING ALPHA KING!

No one has ever told me no, besides my family, and received no punishment. Why does she want to protect the monster behind her pain?

I couldn't help but storm out of the room though. My wolf was out of control, wanting to break everything in site. I quickly mindlink the twins to help Audrey with her bath and to bring her food.

I storm into my office and wreak havoc on it.

Expensive wood desk? I think you mean dust cause that's what I smashed it into.

My laptop became nothing but smashed glass and destroyed insides of it.

This still wasn't enough for my wolf. He wanted blood and he wanted it now! I could feel him breaking to the surface and I didn't have the willpower to push him back.

I shifted and ran out of my house to the woods.

The wind against my muzzle and through my fur felt amazing helping to calm me down. I ran and ran till I made it to the waterfall near the center of the wood. This place has been my secret spot since I was a kid.

Laying down near the water's edge I felt my heart slow to a normal thump and my breathing to normal.

Who would want to hurt her Soren?

I don't know man but I want to rip out their throats and eat them for dinner.

Soren is my wolf and is the one I can rely on no matter what. He can be a pain in the ass but he means well.

We should go back. I need mate in our arms.

Except you dumb wolf, you forced shifted us so now we can't shift back cause we are still a little too worked up.

Oh yeah my bad. Good luck with this. I am out.

With that he cuts our link. Jerk. He causes this and leaves me to fix it up. Typical Soren.

I start to run back to my house, which is a little way from the pack house, so I can make sure mate is ok.

Alpha?

Yes Kenna? Is Audrey ok?

Yes Alpha she just finished eating but Lenna and I need to go home. With the Eclipse over, our powers are restored. We need to make sure everything is ok with our powers and see if we can strengthen them so next Eclipse we won't lose them.

That's fine. Tell Audrey I will be home in ten minutes.

Yes Alpha

I cut the link and run faster so Audrey isn't alone for too long.

I make it in the house and walk up the stairs to get to my room. I was ready to get into the room but the door was closed. I scratch the door and whimper trying to get Audrey's attention.

The door opens and there stands my beautiful mate with astonishment and confusion plastered onto her face.

"Hey Lucas... Can you switch back please?"

I just shake my head no and whimper.

She moves back from the door to let me in and backs farther and farther till she hits the wall. I walk towards her but she just calls out saying,

"Please don't hurt me."

She thinks I would hurt her? I whimper again and walk closer to her. I stare at her hunched frame trying to figure her out. She is a puzzle that I am dying to try and figure out.

She lifts her head and I see the tears falling down her cheeks. I quickly lick them away, hating to see my mate cry. Once all the tears are gone I nod my head in satisfaction and lay down next to my mate, with my head in her lap. I feel her fingers in my fur and can't help the satisfied growl that escapes my lips.

I hear her voice and my heart beats faster. How does she have such an effect on me?

"So Lucas... I'm sorry you had to see my scars. I'm really damaged and I understand if you want to reject me or send me away."

I can't help the pained wine that spills out of my mouth.

She wants us to reject her? Send her away? Over my dead body!

"I didn't mean to upset you. I have a tendency to rant when I'm nervous so... Yeah I'll stop. Anyway my wolf says that I need to tell you about us so that's what I am gonna do. Unless you want me to stop talking."

I snuggle deeper into her lap, telling her to continue.

"My name is Audrey Elaine Shepherd. I am 19 years old. My favorite color is cobalt blue. My name means noble strength. My wolf's name is Kenna, which means fire. I have never been able to mindlink and Kenna has always been defiant to my past Alpha. The one you killed, yeah him."

I can't help but let a wolfy grin appear on my face when she says her favorite color. The color of my eyes.

I can feel my body prepare to shift back so I slowly lift my head and get up. I shift back and stare down to my mate.

She lifts her eyes and I can't help the pride that surges through me as I notice her checking me out. Her eyes linger on my tattoo. I got that when I was crowned King. It covers some of my scars that I received from a rouge when I was still a pup, before could defend myself. I can't help what I say next but her response surprises me.

"Like what you see Princess?"

"I do enjoy the view. You're my mate and I will stare if I want! But you need to get some clothes on cause you are distracting me."

That boost my ego but I know I am making her uncomfortable.

"Your wish is my command my Queen."

With that I walk to the closet with a genuine smile on my face.

What am I gonna do with her?

Double Update! Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed! Thank you to all who are reading this and don't be afraid to send me suggestions!