Chapter 12

*~*~* Re-cap *~*~*

     Ian confronts Ryan. Ryan and Ian fight. Ian drags Ryan to tell Raven the truth after Ian questions Ryan on who really is his first love. Raven is super depressed, and lets most of it all out. Raven has a small flash back of a very important moment in her life, where her mother became more than just a mother, but her hero.

     Ryan stayed where he was, hunched over looking at the grass through tear filled eyes. He tried to get up, but his legs wobbled and he fell back to the floor; his grieving taking up a lot of his energy. “What have I done?” He said silently. “I did the right thing, right? I stopped caring for her, right? She won’t ever get in the way of me and Bethany, so then, why? Why do I feel so empty?” He questioned himself.

     Once again he attempted to get up, his legs stable enough so he could walk back to the main building. He walked dragging his feet, his shoulders were slumped over, and his head hung low on his shoulders. His eyes were red, and the remnant of tears on his cheeks. He walked to the nearest bathroom and stared at himself in the mirror.

     His eyebrows arched inward and his lips turned into a frown with a wobbly bottom lip, as his eyes filled with tears once again. He put his hands on either side of the mirror, and dropped his head. His tears falling from his eyelashes into the bowl of the sink, and he allowed himself to cry silently. His body shook slightly with every sob that came out of his sorrow.

     A few boys walked in and looked at Ryan oddly, but felt his pain. Just him being in there changed the whole aura of the bathroom into a pain-filled depressing place. The boys went in and did their business, washed their hands at the sink on the farthest end of the bathroom. Some patted his back, few told him that it would get better, but most just looked at him as they walked out the door.

     ~Idiot! What do you think you’re doing! Are you stupid?! Go make things right! ~ yelled Ryan’s conscience. Ryan shook his head, and took a deep breath. He turned the faucet talking some water and splashed his face a couple of times. He took another deep breath, and looked at himself in the mirror; droplets of water ran down his face and fell off his chin landing on the sink. Ryan placed his hands on either side of sink now, and stared himself down.

     “You don’t care or her. She’s nothing to you. Why are you crying over her? You have a gorgeous girlfriend that willing to give you anything to make you happy. She showed you just how much she loves you. Forget the other girl. She’s nothing to you, she’ll never be anything to you. Shake her off.” He pep talked himself, and shook his head. He took a deep breath inflating his cheeks a bit. “Great Ryan, now get out of here, and love your girlfriend.” He said as his heart was tugging furiously, as if wanting to get out to declare his love for Raven. Ryan smirked at himself in the mirror, and strut out of the bathroom after he dried his face with a couple of paper towels.

     He walked to class, and sat down in his seat as if nothing had happened. His face was smug, and confident; just as it has been since Bethany first “made love” with him. He looked forward ignoring all the girls that attempted to flirt with him, but he smirk at a few just so that he would seem the same. He looked normal, and just as he always look on the outside. But in the inside, he was dying.

     It wasn’t long till the bell rang signaling the end of class and the beginning of lunch, and he walked out of the class taking his sweet time to get to Bethany. He walked down the hall only to overhear a small squeal, Bethany’s squeal, he stopped in his tracks and strained his ears to listen. He heard another voice with her, deep, hush, and raspy.

     Ryan inched his way towards the hall, and he looked around the corner seeing Bethany, with her arms crossed in front of her chest as she looked annoyed as ever. He looked over the boy, and his eyes widened at his sight.