II

As she opened the door to her apartment, Caitlin heaved a tired sigh. She immediately slipped off her heels and ventured to her kitchen to pour herself a glass of wine. Settled herself onto her couch and turning on a Bones rerun, she tried to destress and unwind. What started out as a normal day had soon turned hectic when a metahuman started terrorizing Central City. Luckily Barry and the rest of the team were able to wrap it by the night's end, but all she wanted right now was to relax a little before going to bed. It was the weekend too, so she was hoping she could sleep in.

Her phone then buzzed next to her, causing the doctor to roll her eyes. "Please do not tell me we have another metahuman," she muttered to herself as she fetched her phone.

Automatically opening her device, she was greeted with the image of a shirtless chest. A shirtless chest that she felt slightly ashamed to have recognized even before noticing the contact name displayed at the top - Barry Allen.

She looked at the photo a hard moment before her shoulders shook with silent laughter. He couldn't really be serious, could he? To be completely honest, she had been kidding earlier when she told Barry to send her pictures, wanting to make him feel as flustered as she had felt. But she didn't think he would take her seriously, or even want to for that matter.

Caitlin bit her lip, fingers hovering over the phone, trying to think of what to do next.

...

Barry's heart felt like it was beating out of his ribcage. Looking down at his bare chest, he noticed the skin was starting to get blotchy from his embarrassment of having just sent a provocative text to one of his best friends. It was only after he sent the picture, however, did he consider that she might have been joking earlier. Because really, Caitlin Snow and sexting didn't seem like two things that would normally go together.

"I'm so stupid," he whispered forlornly to himself, hitting his head against his phone's screen. Would she even answer back?

He was abruptly interrupted by his phone's text message chime.

Caitlin: That's all you've got, Mr. Allen? I see this view every other day on my operating table.

...

Catlin had no idea what she was doing. Part of her wanted to see how far Barry would go, but, honestly, how far would she? Caitlin had no idea how to sext in the first place. She had never been one to do such a thing in the past - she always thought the semantics behind it were fruitless and banal - but here she was practically egging Barry Allen on.

He had to realize this was a joke, right? Was he simply trying to see how far she would take the facade too?

Her phone then chimed again, indicating that she got another text. Trepidity, she opened the message.

Barry: Is this something you see every other day?

A photo then followed soon after, showing Barry in his bathroom, standing with his back to the mirror. His long arm was outstretched to take a selfie, allowing Caitlin to see the entirety of his chiseled upper chest, the picture cutting off towards the end of the V in his hips where his happy trail hair began to get thicker. But that wasn't all. Since he was standing in front of the mirror, his reflection showed something that she definitely didn't see as frequently as his upper body, and that was his bare ass.

Admittedly, it was a very muscular and firm one at that, though she figured as much with how his Flash suit clung to that area of his body - not that she was looking! It just happened to be something she had observed on a few occasions...