Having your original mission fail you set your sights on a new target to socialize with. Yes, your crush, Austin. He was your stereotypical blond boy with a tall well built sculpted but not muscly stature that perfectly complimented his green eyes and his ditsy personality with a coated heart of gold. You walked up trying to appear normal as a light pink hue gently dusted it's self across your cheeks

(1st person pov)

"Hey Austin! What's up?" His eyes slightly widened as he looked at me and smiled "Nothing, you?" I jokingly rolled my eyes and pretended to think "Nothing really, just trying to survive this crowded party!" He looked around and chuckled "I suppose there are a lot of people, wanna ditch this place and hang at our spot?" I could feel my eyes twinkle at the offer as I hastily nodded "Meet you there!" I raced off trying to hold back my girlish giggle from exploding my lips.

Doors flew past my peripheral vision along with a few mingling figures. I passed the West wing and heard a loud Bang, but I thought nothing of it. I sometimes helped out in the West wing where they researched the specimens, although all I did was take notes on the behavioral patterns of certain special infected.

I made it to our spot mere moments before Austin letting out a breathy laugh of satisfaction "Finally!! After half a year I finally beat you!! To your own hideout!!!" I managed to mutter out in triumph between gasps for air. "Good job, happy survival day though" He smiled and ruffled my hair as he calmly walked past me not even the slightest bit out of breath. "You athletic types!!" I jokingly spat out at him as I followed him and looked up at the stars from the patio deck. "It's so odd... We get a military alert before we even know these creatures exist!! Have you ever seen one Austin!?" This was probably the third time this month I had begun this rant, however it was different this time. "Not exactly..." His tone turned somber as he uttered a new response to the same question I had asked multiple times Already. "My little sister turned into one, before she was fully gone she weakly grabbed onto my baggy cargo pants and looked up at me with watery almost milk white eyes... And she begged me to be the one to kill her. So I did it" I was shocked and I was quick to wrap my arms around him. "I'm so sorry... I promise I won't ask anymore." He hugged back for a minute before gently pushing me off and standing up. I'll be back in a minute, I want to see if there is any cake left, if so, it's ours!!" He then ran off in all his hyper glory reminding me almost of a golden retriever.

It had been a good twenty minutes and Austin still hadn't returned yet. Suddenly Sirens started blaring signaling that an infected had either breached the gates and walls, or had escaped. I was terrified of the second option. If a zombie had gotten in it was probably a common infected and wouldn't do much before being taken down. If it was a special infected... This mighty fortress could fall.

I quickly rushed out and ran to my room to see if my mom had been there. I slammed open the door shouting as loud as I could. "MOM!?" I saw nothing and proceed to the cafeteria. When I got there it was a corpse party... Somehow a spitter had escaped it's cell and caused mayhem on the party leaving over half of our people hurt and or melted. I quickly spotted my mom in the crowd and ran over. She tried to stop me from looking but she couldn't and an abrupt sob released from my throat as I saw just Austin's head displayed neatly on top of a brand new pristine five layer blood splattered cake. But that wasn't the most horrifying part, no. The most horrifying part was the fact that my name was on the cake in blood and I could see that on the wall behind the cake also scrawled out in blood it wrote "Wherever you go I will find you. Whoever you pair up with I will kill. You are mine and mine only. My territory. (Y/N)." Military operatives questioned and guarded me heavily during the next few months. I couldn't take a shower without one stationed directly outside the door.

I couldn't stand it anymore so I packed up my stuff and decided to leave. Just as I got out of bed to sneak out I noticed my mom by the door watching me fully dressed and holding supplies. "What are you waiting for, let's go before another guard comes back" I smirked at how cool my mom was and I followed her. Surprisingly we escaped with no problems, and by that I mean we were immediately caught but were given both guns knives and a bit of food and water before letting us out.