"n a h i t ' s o v e r"

Jamell

I had to leave Jordyn in ICU for an emergency surgery. This is some crazy sh*t. I don't know what to do. I walked into the waiting room to see Mami, Mayana and my friends, who were of course all nervous and scared for what could happen to Messiah, Jordyn and... my baby.

"¡Jamell! Mi bebé." My mom said hugging me tightly. "Are you ok baby?"

"No Mami. My baby mama, my child and best friend are all at risk of losing their lives!" I started to break down onto a couch.

"Baby mama"

"Baby mama"

That's different to hear now.

"Baby calm down, ok. We'll figure this out I promise." Mami said rubbing my back and holding me. Someone else in the room had turned on the news.
"--a high school was tragically shot up by a former student, identified as "Shawn Mayfield."

Shawn Mayfield

Shawn mutha-- Shawn did this?

I didn't know him that well, but he was a cool kid who seemed kinda off.

"Sources say Mayfield was a former student, for he was expelled for sexually assaulting a female student after she threatened to get a restraining order against him."

I looked at them. They looked at me. I looked and pointed at Mayana.

"No." She mouthed.

I looked at Lani, who was paler than me. "Lani was it you?" She just looked at me and started balling. "It was me. He raped me. That bullet was for me, not Siah. Maybe even both." I grabbed her into a tight hug and kissed her forehead. Mayana and Kyrie came over to us crying. I was trying my best to stay strong and comfort everyone.

We were interrupted by one of the doctors that was in the ambulance with Jordyn. "Family of Jordyn? Jordyn Carey?" We all walked toward him. "I'm Jordyn's boyfriend and these are her brother and sisters and my mom. Is she ok?" I felt Mayana's hand slip into mine and Kylie's hand on my shoulder.

He gave an unsubtle look like he didn't even wanna tell us. "Since Jordyn was shot so close to her ovaries, she may never be able to conceive a child--"

"What do you mean? She's pregnant already. Is my baby ok?" The color drained from the doctors face and he ran back through the doors. What the hell is happening?

"WHERE IS MY SON?" It was Siah's mom coming through the hospital. "HIS NAME IS MESSIAH. WHERE IS HE?" Since Mami knew Siah's mom best, she pulled her to the side. Lani doesn't like her though.

Eventually, that dumb*ss doctor came back. Honestly, I felt like grabbing that pen and clipboard out of his hands and beating him until he became a hospital patient.

"MAN, WHAT HAPPENED? WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE?" Mayana said.

"We just did an speed x-ray and another ultrasound and... there is no sight of any baby."

I couldn't move. I was stuck as f*ck. "No, no, she's pregnant. Are you saying she lost her child?" Mami said walking up behind us.

"I'm sorry. It appears since the child was so small and in its early stages of production, the baby is no longer living."

We all started crying EVEN more. My mom and I fell to the floor crying.

My baby.

My baby, bro.

Gone this early. Ain't no more staying calm. Nah, it's over.

And Jordyn might not even be able to have another one. I only known about my baby for a day now. Somebody gotta pay.

I heard Kyrie talking to the doctor. "Come on, man. There has to be something you can do. Anything, please. That baby is like my niece or nephew-- their niece or nephew. And her grandbaby."

"I'm sorry. There is no way we can revive a child from death. Especially with the condition being so critical."

"Damn, ok. Anythi--"

Kyrie

"Anything about Messiah Carter?" His mom said standing by my side. "No ma'am. I believe that patient is in another level of ICU. Once again, I'm sorry for your loss." He turned towards the door and left. I walked over to Mayana who was trying to comfort her brother.

She looked up and saw me crying. She stood up and hugged me

"I can't believe this, Ky."

"I can't either, but the best thing that we can do is support and love them." I said. I knelt down to Jamell and wrapped my arm around him. "I'm so sorry bro. This ain't over, I promise." He hugged me back and said something words that I couldn't understand, since he was sobbing.

I saw Lani in a chair bouncing her legs and crying. "This ain't yo fault sis. You should've told us. We would've killed his a*s."

"I was scared, Ky and I didn't know what to do. I threatened him with everything and I think that took him off the edge."

"This isn't over. Keep your head up and high shawty, not only for Siah's right now, but for yourself." She gave me a slight smile and nodded. As a token of gratitude, where I'm from, you kiss a woman's hand at a time of sorrow. I just lightly grabbed her hand and planted a soft kiss on it. She needs it.

Mayana

Siah's mom was acting like she didn't even care that her son was at risk of dying almost. She only cared about his damn basketball career.

"--yeah, I know. He won't be able to play any good positions. And no scholarships coming through." She said into her phone.

"Ms. Carter?" I said walking over to her. I had enough with this sh*t. "Yes?" She answered looking me up and down. "Do you care about anything else other than Messiah's basketball career? Because you keep talking about it."

"Excuse me?"

I felt the years come back to my face. "One of my best friends, your child, is at risk of losing his life. And you only care about his f*cking career."

"¡Mayana! Calmesé. Mami said from the couch.

She hung up her phone and stood up. "1) You don't know who your talking to. 2) I care very much about my son's condition. 3) Watch how your talking to me."

Smart mouth.

Cute.

But now I see where ugly peanut gets it from.

"1) You're Melanie Carter. 2) You don't. 3) You won't make me. You can't get mad that I'm telling the truth."

"Ok, honey. I'm here to see my son. Not to argue with a little a*s girl."

Mami got up and stood next to me. "Well, you're doing it now. And a real mother would have tears running down her face. And you keep talking about his basketball future when you need to be concerned about his future in general."

She gave me and Mami aclook and walked to the other side of the waiting room. How does Siah deal with this b*tch?

1,162 words.

today's the day that we lost a legend, a man and a king. Jahseh, im sorry this happened to you 😔. i think about you all the time. i even talk to the sky when i get lonely.

jah, no words can be put together to describe how much i miss and love you. people think i obsess over you too much and i have a problem. they just don't understand. see you when i get there. i love you 🅿. ik your always with me. 💕 #LLJ🕊

comment your favorite song by jahseh down below ⬇ to see if we have any similarities.

remember if anyone needs anything, whether it's talking about jah, a book, or ANYTHING, i am here for you 💕!