EIGHTH CALL

Start from the beginning

"are you ready to order?"

"y-yes, sorry about that." he laughed softly. telling the cashier his older, tugging at his sleeves in a nervous matter that he had not done it quite a while. he felt a little bad for staring at someone without them knowing — but he couldn't help it!

once jimin was done ordering, he made his way to a table across the bucket hat person's booth— wait.

the person was gone.

jimin sighed softly to himself, resting his palm under his chin. he patiently waited for his food– it would only take a ten minutes luckily.

████████████████████

minmin: joooooooooooon
sent at 11:12

jooOooooon
sent at 11:15

n a m j o o o n.
sent at 11:15

JOOOON
sent at 11:20

████████████████████

jimin sighed again, swinging his legs back and forth as he rested his cheek against the table, hand over his phone so he can feel for a notification.

that's weird... namjoon usually texts back by now. jimin pouted a little, missing the elder. he wondered if he was busy or if something happened- nah. jimin didn't want to overthink it.

he heard his number being called, causing him to immediately get up.

he thanked the cashier and took his food that was in a paper bag. he made his way to the front door, opening it as he braced himself for the warm air that was about to make him dizzy. he quickly stepped out, walking as fast as he could to the building. it was luckily a seven or so minute walk.

he felt his phone buzz in his back pocket but decided not to take it out.

'walking... walking... walking... i wonder who that stranger was? it could be an old high school buddy... or college buddy... jin?' he thought mindlessly, paying attention every so often.

jimin kind of let the next couple of minutes zoom by until he found himself in the lounge area of his work. he pulled out his food, quickly reaching for his drink right after and taking a huge sip out of it.

████████████████████

bugjoon: Hey, sorry I was out.

████████████████████

jimin stared at the message, putting his phone down and waiting for a couple minutes so he wouldn't seem so desperate. jimin munched on his food, savoring every ingredient and spice. talking is ever so sweet time.

████████████████████

minmin: oh it's fine haha

bugjoon: Did you need something?

minmin: ah noo, i was just bored waiting for food. i'm currently on bread

*break

bugjoon: Oh I see.

minmin: Hnn. Do you want to chat for a bit? I got time left.

bugjoon: Yeah sure.

████████████████████

jimin frowned at the response he got from namjoon, not knowing how to take it. he took a couple mouthfuls of his food, taking his time before picking his phone up again.

CALLING NAMJOON....

JIMIN: "is... is everything alright?"

NAMJOON: "yes, i'm doing alright."

JIMIN: "i was just wondering
cause your tone just seems so different from–"

NAMJOON: "i'm just tired."
he snapped but his tone was weak.

JIMIN: "namjoon... what's wrong?"

NAMJOON: "it's nothing jimin,
i just had a long day.
haha that's all."
he tried to assure jimin.

JIMIN: he wasn't buying but
nevertheless he attempted to brush it off.
he stayed quiet for a minute
before speaking up again,
"it's almost summer... got any plans?"

NAMJOON: "not any set ones but
i am hoping to travel."
he muttered softly.
" and pick up swimming again too."

JIMIN: "swimming?
ha, i am really looking forward towards that.
it's been a while."

NAMJOON: "what about you?"

JIMIN: "probably relax-
maybe we can meet up,
i can take you over to dinner–"

NAMJOON: "no."

JIMIN: "h-huh? wh-why?
i want to see you...
we've been talking for so long,
i thought you'll want to meet up."

NAMJOON: "i... i"

call ended at 12:46