Chapter 10

While riding a cab Helaine remember the story of the girl she'd met awhile ago.

Then a memory with her husband popped in her head. Not exactly the same as what the girl told her but she too wants to give it a try.

They stop right in front of their house and she immediately went out of the cab.

She walk slowly and push the doorbell as she breathed heavily. She don't know what she was feeling right now. Nervous, excited, it doesn't matter.

She was fixing her dress when a lady shouted her name.

"Mam Helaine? Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh mam Helaine ikaw nga!!!" Yaya Cita ran exaggerately to her and hug her with all her heart.

"Yaya Cita talaga sobrang energetic? Saka bakit nandito ka din? Iniwan kita sa bagiuo ah?" She said pleasantly while hugging her nanny.

"Syempre naman. Sobrang miss kita. Sumama ako kina Abby. Pano ilang araw ka ng wala. Sabi ni Albert ayaw mo na raw bumalik. Kung hindi ako sasama sa kanila sino magbabayad ng gastusin ko sa hotel?" They headed their way inside the house to have some drinks and snacks.

"Si Abby, parating na yon sandaling sandali na lang magkikita---

"I'm home!" A girl, probably Abby shouted. "Yaya Cita na may pink na headband! I'm here already!!!" They heard Abby's small laughter.

"Abby andito ako sa kusina." Yaya Cita shouted back and with just a snap, Abby came in. Smiling. Shocked at the same time while looking at her mom.

"Mommy? Totoo to? Andito ka na?" Hindi makapinawala. Kinurot nya ang kanyang ina.

(A/N: sorry kung bigla kong tinagalog. Mas bet kase ng mood ko ngayon ✌)

"Abby?" Sabi naman ni Helaine na may pagtataka.

"Sorry mom. It's just that hindi ako makapaniwala." Abby said.

"Na ano?" Her mom answered.

"I just can't believe that you're back." She said and hug her tight.

Matapos ang tagpong iyon ay nagkwentuhan pa sila.Nagkumustahan kung anong nangyare sa kanila. And ofcourse Helaine can't help but to ask about Albert. Kaya naman tinukso sya ng anak nya.

"Uy..." Abby giggle "Siguro kaya ka bumalik kase miss mo na si dad no? Ayiieeehhh." And her daughter giggles even more.

"Sira..." Helaine retorted and they laugh.

At seven in the evening Albert decided to turn off his computer and went home. He felt so tired and sleepy. Pakiwari nya ay lalagnatin yata sya. He bids goodbye to some of the employees who was having overtime tonight and headed straight to the parking lot.

Hindi nya alam kung bakit parang gustong gusto nya agad dumating sa bahay. But the traffic suck it up! May aksidente sa kalye na nagdudulot ng traffic. When the traffic moved a little he saw a man lying on the road. Lifeless. At ang ambulasya bago lang pang dumating.

It was past 9 in the evening when he gets home. Tired. Drained. He slowly walked upstairs and sauntered to the masters bedroom's front door. He breathed heavily as he poke the key to the knob.

He entered and went directly to the bathroom without looking everywhere. When he was done taking a quick bath he noticed a small lightning outside the door, probably beside the bed.

"Nalimutan ko pang patayin ang lamp shade kanina." He sighed as he wipe his face. "Hayy tumatanda na...." He was wiping his hair while going to bed. Nang makaupo sya ay bigla syang napatayo sa gulat ng may nagsalita.

"Ginabi ka yata?"

"Why are you here?" Tanong nito habang hawak ang dibdib.

"As far as I know this is also my house and this is also my room. My bed." Sagot ni Helaine.

"Yuh. I mean Hi. Akala ko kase...wala naman binanggit si Abby na darating ka." He said while standing still.

"Wala rin naman silang alam na darating ako. Biglaan lang." She answered and flip the pages of the magazine.

"Ah okay. May aasikasuhin ka ba dito kaya ka biglang umuwe?" He asked and throw the towel on the sofa.

"Wala. Bawal bang umuwe?" irita nyang sagot. "Saka isampay mo nga yang twalya sa banyo. Tanda tanda na ang kalat kalat pa." Sabi nya habang nakatingin pa rin sa magazine.

Agad naman itong kinuha ni Albert at sinampay.

"Sungit..." His wispher was enough for her to hear.

Napangiti na lang si Helaine habang nakatingin pa rin sa magazine. When Albert returned she close the magazine and say goodnight.

Seven o'clock in the morning when she wakes up. Yakap sya ni Albert na tulog na tulog pa rin. "Wala bang pasok to?"

She thought. Tatayo na sana sya ng biglang humigpit ang yakap nito sa kanya.

"Five more minutes please." Pakiusap ni Albert.

Pwersahan namang inalis ni Helaine ang yakap ni Albert.

"Sorry." Akala nya ay nagalit si Helaine ng yakapin nya ito pati na rin sa hiling na limang minuto pang yakap. Ngunit nagulat sya ng humarap sa kanya si Helaine upang yumakap din sa kanya. Napangiti sya dahil doon.

"Malelate ka na." She said.

"I don't care. Minsan lang naman eh." He answered and pull the blanket on his shoulder then hug her again.

"Do you want something for breakfast?" She asked.

"I only want my wife." Albert said and she chuckled.

They shared the morning with this. Okay na sila. Walang usapan. Walang sumbatan. They are now matured enough to know better and they know that immaturity can't fix their problem. It will only get worst every single day.

The End.

Thank u all for patiently waiting for this update. I'm sorry for the hiatus.

'Til my next story.