~Part Nineteen~

I almost fall asleep again, feeling Iwa's warmth close to me, hearing his breathing slow down. That is, until his stomach growls, loudly. 'You wanna eat something, Iwa-chan?' I snicker because of the ashamed look on his face. He nods. 'What do you want?' I try to stand up, my knees feeling weak and shaking, my fever still burning. But I make it, subtly holding on to the wall. 'I don't know.' he sighs. 'Fine. I'll make you something. Because you asked me so nicely.' I say, ignoring the still awkward mood that hangs around from earlier.

I stumble to his kitchen, falling over my own feet, almost dragging a painting with me. I hold in a yelp as I land on the floor and hit my arm on a chair. That's gonna bruise. I slowly get up again, fully ignoring the pounding of my head, the aching of my muscles and the sharp pain in my arm. His kitchen is surprisingly well filled. But what do you feed a hungry man with a fever?

Soup, of course. Some good chicken soup, my personal favourite. Iwa loves tomato soup more, however. I stare at both packages, and in the end I go with tomato soup. It's a bit sad, really, someone who loves cooking preparing some canned soup.

The sweet aroma of tomatoes fills the air, as I can feel my stomach rumble too. Soon, the soup finishes, and I fill two bowls a little. Now, the next problem. How will I get the bowls to the room without dropping them? I can't ask Iwa to help or to get up.

I grab onto the wall again, grabbing one bowl, slowly walking back to Iwa's room. As I open the door, I can see him sitting against the wall now, putting his head against the cool surface. 'Are you hot?' I ask him. 'Yeah.' he breathes. Of course he is. I feel kind of guilty for making hot tomato soup.

I put the bowl next to him, trying my hardest not to fall forward. I struggle to get back up, but succeed. 'Don't push yourself too hard, Trashykawa.' Iwa's voice sounds from my left. I nod softly, trying not to worsen my headache, and make the trip to the kitchen again, grabbing my bowl and a wet piece of cloth. I throw the cloth at him and go sit on the other side of the room. He mumbles a 'thank you' and closes his eyes again.

I close my eyes as well, waiting for the soup to cool down. It's silent. Cold. I let my mind drift off, facing reality, knowing I shouldn't. I can't cry here. So I stare at the ceiling, my eyes dry and empty. My headache worsens. Memories of yesterday fill my head. I drank way too much. 'Tell him you love him!' Makki said. I did. Regret and sadness fill my heart as I remember his response. But how did I ever end up in front of his door?

~~~

I show Makki my phone, Iwa's answer reflecting in his eyes. 'That's so mean! He hates you!' Makki cries out. 'He does?' It feels like my heart has been dropped from the top of a skyscraper. 'Hey!' Mattsun smacks Makki in the back of his head. I stand up, the world turning around me, and run out the door. 'Oikawa!' I hear Mattsun scream behind me.
I'm
I trip over my own legs, fall down, and get up again. I run. 'Iwa-chan!' I cry out. I soon end up in front of his house. Tired, unable to run anymore, I lie down in front of his door. Crying out his name, I fall asleep.

Iwa suddenly putting his bowl down scares me enough to let a single tear slip. I quickly wipe it away. I told him. He hates me for it. I look at my bowl. It has turned cold. I am not hungry anymore, I just want to crawl into a hole and delete myself. 'You should head home.' Iwa sighs. I think about it. My dad isn't home. Do I want to be alone right now?

'And leave you alone with a burning fever that I gave you? No thanks.' I answer. I close my eyes again, until a shadow pops up in front of me. I open my eyes at the exact same moment Iwa puts his forehead against mine. I gasp, blushing, but my fever hides it.

'You're still burning up yourself.' he says, looking straight into my eyes. 'S-so?' I look away, not wanting the fever to make me do more weird things. But Iwa doesn't move. 'You should go home and let your dad take care of you.' 'My dad is not home.' I answer, still not wanting to look at him. 'Oh.' he says, still staring at me.

'Iwa-chan, what's wrong?' I finally ask. 'I can't get up.' he mumbles. I snicker, finally looking at him again. He smiles back. Breathtaking. 'You really look like Lana, even from up close.' Way to ruin the mood. I hum in agreement. 'Let's get you back to bed. Your fever's going up.' I give an excuse to finally get Iwa out of my personal space. I offer him my hand, but he doesn't take it. Instead, he keeps looking into my eyes.

'Oikawa, are you jealous?'