chapter fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
goin' home.

...

"Well, shit, you didn't have to throw me." Lucky grunted from Leon's side and they both laughed. Leon pulled at the wristband that Ada had given him and Lucky pushed herself up onto her elbows.

They were currently on a train that was barrelling out of the underground of Raccoon City while NEST exploded into a storm of fire behind them. None of it mattered anymore, though.

They were getting out.

Leon fell silent, spinning the wristband in his fingers. Lucky placed a hand on his shoulder softly, offering a smile.

"I kinda miss her, too. In a weird 'she lied to us but she was still kinda cool' way." Lucky said quietly. Leon looked at her, searching her eyes, then he nodded once.

"She was kinda cool, huh? But that's the past now. We did it, Lucky. We got out together, like I promised." He gave the wristband one more look, then tossed it over the side. Lucky watched as it disappeared from view, then she wrapped her fingers around Leon's gloved hand.

"We're goin' home, Leon."

He rose to his feet, pulling her up with him. One arm snaked around her waist and the other shoved Matilda into his holster, then the pair walked up to the door to the front train car.

Neither expected what was behind door number one. Two bright smiles greeted them, but only one was familiar. The same chocolate-brown locks pulled up into a ponytail. The red jacket that was a little worse for ware, and that familiar small smirk.

"Claire!" Lucky gasped, quickly slapping a hand over her own mouth. Claire's eyes lit up at the sight of the pair. A young girl was standing beside her, sporting Claire's red leather jacket and an equally-bright smile.

"Leon? Lucky? You two made it, too!" Claire hurried over, greeting them with hugs. Lucky strained to keep herself upright when she hugged Claire. Leon was there at her side before she collapsed, though.

"We're all getting out. Alive." Leon smiled. Claire wrapped one arm over the little girl's shoulders, nodding.

"Just like we said we would..."

...

fin.

until next time.