SIX

ROSE IN HARLEM !
somewhere in
los angeles, cali !

"where exactly are we going now," trinity was comfortable in the front
seat. she was so small, she sat on one leg while the other was hugged against her chest.

brandon was driving in complete silence which was annoying, but he was probably nervous which was hard to believe. he was hard to believe at this point.

"can you not ask a million questions?" his smirk was dumb cute, but trinity held her composure.

"i know i said i we we're mutual, but apart of me still hates you," she rolled her eyes.

"and that's the last thing i want. we're here anyway," he pulled into a park. a lit monument of some sort just on the other side of the grass. it was a pretty sight, but had to context to it. he most likely just wanted to talk which trinity was tired of. "let's go,"

trinity got out, throwing the metal chain to her bag over her shoulder.

together, they walked over to take a seat. "so," she started, getting comfortable on the small bench. "what did i come here for," she gave him a look for him to tell the truth.

he sighed, "while you were gone i guess i had too much time to think. and i don't want to keep bugging you about it or make you feel weird, but i really want to get back with you," he removed the beanie from his head, running a hand through his hair.

trinity began to pick at her nails, "i been thinking too i guess," she mimicked his voice. "i think we should get back together but i need to talk to my mommy first," she sighed.

"i think she's going to be pissed off,"

"about what? you or the baby?" trinity joked.

brandon made a face, "is it weird i forgot you were pregnant for a second," seconds after they both began to laugh.

after a couple more seconds of silence, his hand went to her belly.

"nothing is there yet brandon," trinity smiled. she let him continue though, his hands running all over her belly.

"but there will be," he smiled up at her. he scooted closer, pressing his hand in a little harder as if he could already feel the kicking feet.

he began to whisper, melting trinity's heart into a pile of softness. "..and i may have messed up, but i promisw i will make everything right again.." she decided to zone out, giving him
a little privacy but also a minute to decide what she should do.

"i hope it's a girl," his voice got louder, glancing at trinity. honestly it didn't matter, but it would be nice to have a little girl running around. dripped out with a sassy ass attitude just like her mom.

"i don't care," trinity shrugged. "i always wanted a boy first. not so he could protect his sister or none of that cheesy shit, but i jusy always wanted my first born to be a boy,"

"i don't either. i never really thought about why, but i think i would want a baby girl first," he said.

trinity sighed. the small talk wasn't cutting it. the air was tense and things were just awkward at this point. if she wanted her man back, he would have to be completely honest and now was the time.

"why did you take the deal?" she blurted, biting the inside of her cheek. "i mean like why her?"

"i met maggie a year ago maybe through char. we we're really cool friends like honestly. she was going some rough shit and i was there. i did her a favor by producing a song for her. she told me she'd owe me one. and i finally thought i could ask her to do this whole favor for me,"

"what did they want you to do with her? like why wasn't i good enough?"

"first of all, you are more than enough," he grabbed her hand, interlocking their fingers and placing a kiss to her hand. "management knew about you, but fans have been shipping me and maggie for so long so i guess it was me going through my own phases until the ep dropped,"

trinity stayed silent.

"the original deal was two months, kissing, dating, social media flics for like twenty-five grand but i cut it down to one month, three casual dates and maybe a instagram story for five grand,"

"you missed out on twenty grand for me," trinity's jaw dropped. "your an idiot," she began to chuckle.

"because i didn't want this to happen, but it did," brandon smiled.

she smacked her lips, "you could've just talked to me brandon. we could've took a break or something,"

"that's the thing. i cant just kiss another girl who i never wanted to be with in the first place. we we're drunk when she kissed me and it was like i sobered up in two seconds and i had to leave her alone,"

trinity shrugged, "i dunno," the whole situation was weird as fuck and for his management to do that just made things all wrong. "i still love you, but my mind is just everywhere,"

brandon smiled, "i love you. a lot,"

trinity tried to be mad, but she couldn't. when that dimple appeared, brandon felt it in his heart that he had about a hundred percent chance of making things right after she talked to her mom.