Chapter 11 | Little Secret

I thought he really loved me...I thought my life would be perfect. Just like they show in the movies. I thought...

I thought...

But everything fell apart so delicately and so quickly. I didn't even have the time to catch a breather. I thought my life was beautiful. I thought I was the happiest girl in the world.

And it all started with yet another date.

He called me one afternoon and said, "I want to take you to dinner with me."

And honestly, there was something I wanted to tell him too...Something that would've made him jump in joy. Something that would've been our little secret.

I was excited to go to dinner with him. I told mom that I would come home late and strangely, she didn't fight with me over it. She just nodded and told that she would manage dad. I hugged her, kissed her goodbye and left my house.

Little did I know that it would be the last I hugged and kissed my mom...little did I know that It would be last night to be in the house.

Simon took me to a rather grand restaurant. I love restaurants that have soft and slow music in them. That serves wine and gives you the elegant vibes. Simon knew what I loved and hated. It was as if he was living within me.

We sat at the corner table and shared thoughts and emotions. Our words were tangled in the air with the graceful harmony and the smell of sizzling brownies. It was a night I still don't want to forget. It was a moment in my life I want to cherish even after I fade away.

I thought of telling him about the little secret, but our food and dessert were over and Simon had already paid the bill. So I decided to tell him once we walked our way back home.

He kissed me on the cheek once we got out of the restaurant. I kissed him back and he held my hand.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?" He asked.

"Hm..." I hummed thoughtfully.

"Or will your mom be angry again?"

"Actually, I think mom's okay with me coming home late at night."

"Really now?" He teased.

"Yep, so what do you have in mind?"

"Let's see..." He looked up at the starry sky. "How about the park?"

I frowned.

"Oh, I think I know where we could go..."

"Where?" I asked.

"Obviously not my house again." He chuckled.

"Phew, at least I won't have to clean your mess." I prodded his nose.

"Hey, my house isn't that messy, okay? I just happened to leave some of my clothes lying around at that time..." He explained.

"Okay, I believe you." I laughed.

"Let's go." He turned around and gently dragged me at his direction.

I quietly followed him wherever he was taking. Because I trusted him. I could close my eyes and go anywhere with him.

After around ten or fifteen minutes of walking, I looked around and noticed that I didn't recognize the street we were in.

"Simon, where are you really taking me?" I asked.

"We're just there." He said.

But after another ten minutes, we weren't really there. We came to a street where they stood a couple of abandoned and broken houses. The street lights were off and an eerie feeling crept up my spine. I was afraid and although I was close to Simon, this time, I felt that we had some kind of distance between us.