Chapter 5

After The Father finished his sentence, the red blinking light on the electronic lock changed to a solid green light and a whoosh sound was heard.

"I hath opened the gates for you all to continue the game! Good luck, and may god have mercy on your sinful souls," The Father stated before going off the speaker.

"Looks like we have no choice," Keith said.

"We always have a choice, we just need to-" Meiko started.

"No you don't," The Father chimed in before going off the speaker again.

"Stop doing that!" Meiko screamed.

"No," The Father said again.

      Tristen walked over to the door and placed his hand on the handle, pushing the door open to create an eerie creaking sound. The door was completely open to reveal the dark hallways ahead, only being lit by hanging lights. The dimly lit hallways gave an unsettling vibe to the teenagers as they slowly walked through. They took a right and it led the group to another door with a solid green light on the lock. Opening the door revealed another room with a massive sliding puzzle that encompasses the entire room. On the far side of the room was another door with a red blinking light, and to the wall to their left was yet another door with a red blinking light.

      Once the group finished the humongous, both doors' blinking red light turned to a solid green light. The group decided to go through the farthest door from the way they came. Walking down the hallway, they took two rights and a left before they arrived into another room. In this room, there was a large ball pit and were told that inside of the pit, there was 10 coins that they needed to collect and place into slots in the farthest wall from them. The person who gained the most coins would receive a prize later on.

      Meiko managed to get 6 coins by herself. After the puzzle was completed, they realized that there were no new doors in this room and they had to backtrack. They made their way back into the sliding puzzle room and went through the door that they haven't traveled through yet. Taking a left and were presented with a long and massive room with a single door on the far side with a blinking red light. In front of the group was a massive obstacle course.

"Welcome!" The Father boomed.

"What the hell do we have to do this time?" Miranda sassed.

"Calm down young Miranda, let me explain," The Father replied.

"Then hurry up with it I just want to finish this dumb game," Tristen also sassed.

"Silence! Both of you!" The Father exclaimed, "This is the Obstacle Course! Here, you must run in your own lane and the last person to finish the course shall be killed. Any questions?"

"Yes actually-" Keith started.

"Too bad! Let's go! You each will see a door with your name on it. Please enter your door," The Father commanded.

      Looking at the doors, there were 7 available, the one with Jose's name on it was taped up. The remaining teenagers all entered their rooms. After passing the door, there were pieces of glass blocking each other from entering each other's lanes. The order from left to right was Hannah, Tristen, Jose, Nick, Keith, Miranda, Meiko. Keith looked down at the door in front of him and noticed that it had an old school lock on it.

"Is everyone ready?" The Father asked.

"As I'll ever be," Nick commented.

"Ready," A red light lit up at the far end of the long room, "Set," A yellow light, "Go!" A green light lit up and a loud horn blasted. "You're first challenge is to get out of the starting room, by any means necessary," The Father explained.